+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Veej... I hear you're going to get sleet on top of any snow that you might get. Your drive is going to be horrible tomorrow.
    We got the sleet and freezing rain first, then the snow on top of that, so you can't see the ice. Toledo Public schools are closed, so that means almost all the schools in the area are closed.

Apparently it isn't too bad now, but more is supposed to come in this afternoon.

So I've got the kiddies home today.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I think we get your weather, veejer. We're east of you. We got freezing rain so far, and it's getting colder. All schools everywhere are closed here..even public businesses are closed or delayed two hours of opening.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Here in the south yesterday was almost 70 and felt almost like summer and today is 40 and dropping and feels like winter......drives me crazy , no wonder my alllergies are driving me nuts.....

But you all can keep the snow and ice up north, please............
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Here it is lightly snowing and about 35 degrees.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

OK, here's the token Canadian with the frigid weather report from rural Saskatchewan:

Clear and -32 degrees C with a windchill warning (meaning it FEELS like -40 to -50 degrees outside). I'm at home today since my fuel line froze in my car last night (I don't usually have problems with it in the cold weather, but I foolishly left the gas tank very empty so now I have fuel line problems). Good thing I brought some work home with me yesterday!

Enjoy your balmy weather folks!
    Don't let the small things sweat

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Raining.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoose
    Enjoy your balmy weather folks!
    It's a balmy 7 here, it snowed all yesterday afternoon and last night. It's not doing anything but blowing right now but it's supposed to start up again and dump up to 16 inches total by the time it's done. Winter storm warning has been extended until midnight tomorrow.

What I wouldn't give for it to be warm enough for rain. Minus 26 here and with the windchill, minus 36.

My sympathies to the people in the U.S. who are getting hit with the ice storm. That's scary stuff. Stay home and stay safe.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Lots and lots of snow.

Saturday night we had freezing rain that left between 1/4 and 1/2 inch of ice. There was never enough sun to scrape much of it off and now it is going to snow 4 inches or so. It should be fun on my driveway and sidewalk / icerink.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread