+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 304 FirstFirst ... 204254294295296297298299300301302303304
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3040
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Re: Your Weather NOW!

29 but the low is 16.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Thunderstorms!! thunder, lightening, rain, wind. leaving a light on
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Is anybody talking about the weather? I am really worried about those folks who are about to have another Arctic blast! (It's name is Janus) How do you do it? I know that if you live in an area that usually has snow you are used to winter storms, but isn't this season a bit more than usual?

In California we have just the opposite going on and it is pushing those storms your way. There is a large, persistent High that has been laying over the West for the last 13 months and the rains that should be coming our way from the jet stream are instead being pushed up into Canada and then pouring down onto the Central and Eastern states as snow. In the Northern and Central Sierras the snowpack is just around 10% of normal for the second year. Our winter temps are hitting records highs just about every day. Our reservoirs are at record lows and water rationing for drought conditions is being discussed. We depend on the melting snowpack for our SF Bay Area water, and so does Southern California via the California Aquaduct which carries the Sierras water there. The Central Valley where so much of our food is grown is about to have a tug of war over irrigation vs So. Cal swimming pools. We are in high wildfire danger, something that should not happen for months and our emergency firefighting budget is already depleted for the upcoming season. These conditions also affect Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and East Texas.

We've had only one big rainstorm this 'rainy' season where I could enjoy a nice crackly fire in the fireplace and we are told, day after day, to "Spare the Air" by not burning in fireplaces or BBQs because our air quality is so bad. (There are fines if you are caught burning.) I certainly don't want to appear to be complaining about weather in the 70's when so many of you are freezing, but this weather should be alarming to all of us. The rains we are not getting here are causing flooding and severe weather for the rest of the country.

Anybody else worried?

Around here, the weather is pretty normal. I'm in Maryland. The past 2 winters were milder than usual so we were due a "bad" winter, and we're having it. It's not awful. I remember worse ones, but right now it's cold and snowing and supposed to get much colder tomorrow. I recall one winter many years ago when the Chesapeake Bay froze solid. We're no where near that cold for that prolonged amount of time this year.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

It's currently 16 degrees F here, which is a bit chillier than normal. It's been snowing since this morning and we are expected to get about 10 inches and a bit more east of us on Long Island, NY. Like Photobabe, our last few winters have been relatively mild and almost snow free, so I guess I can't do too much complaining.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We've been in the mid-70s in the Phoenix area for the past couple of weeks. It's been wonderful, but I don't say much about it online, because my Canadian and Michigan friends don't appreciate hearing about it.

We're headed off to SoCal, where it's supposed to be 81 this weekend. :-)

I am a sun lover, so it's all good for me!
    Punkin likes this.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

We currently are getting and expecting up to 14" of snow by tomorrow here in NY. I wish the office would close, but they won't. Bah!
    Punkin likes this.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

It's lovely for this time of year .I am sure we will be in the deep freeze again soon. This day in 1886 it was -49! that's without a wind-chill
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best of luck, those of you on the North Carolina coast! Tropical Storm Andrew may become a Hurricane to hit there in the next 24 hours. Bellhaven, NC has no operating hospital because they have denied the America Cares Medicaid expansion in NC.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Add It Up Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Best of luck, those of you on the North Carolina coast! Tropical Storm Andrew may become a Hurricane to hit there in the next 24 hours. Bellhaven, NC has no operating hospital because they have denied the America Cares Medicaid expansion in NC.
    Mortifying, that. ^
    Our governor & state legislators are self-serving idiots.

Thanks for the good thoughts, Punkin, it's certainly a messy day here.
    Progressively heavier bands of rainfall passing through, and squally winds picking up as hurricane Arthur approaches.
    It'll be a bumpy night, but better tomorrow, in time for 4th of July cookouts.

Adding my wishes for good luck to yours, for others who will be affected by this storm over time.
    Last edited by Fo'Realz?; 07-03-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

+ Reply to Thread