+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Reading all your reports of drastic weather almost makes me feel guilty for describing 50 degrees as cold...almost.

My daughter lives in Missouri now, and she was able to ice skate on a real lake Sunday (as opposed to ice skating in a mall in the California desert ), and today they called off classes due to snow for only the second time in two years.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

So is she freezing to death Roses? We are now at 17 and it is dropping. High tomorrow of 22. We have about 8" of snow now.

Unk, it's currently 17 there too with a wind chill of 8.3, and she just told me she checked her mail (quite a walk from her apartment to the mailbox) in flip-flops because she doesn't like wearing soggy shoes. She's smart as a whip and is turning 20 in a few days, but has absolutely no common sense. It's at times like this that it's probably good to have her 2,000 miles away.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Unklescott - I think you're getting the ice there further south of us here. We are STILL getting hit with huge amounts of snow and winds. We were told if anyone is on the roads here, they will be arrested.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

We're under level 3 snow emergency here in Delaware county too. Thank god the snow has finally stopped though.

Our level 3 was dropped to a 2 around mid-morning. We're in NW Ohio, near Toledo.

Good thing too, as the kids want to go sledding on a real hill this afternoon. They sledded on the driveway this morning and then helped dig out the drifts from it.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    We're still at level 3 in the county, but Findlay is level 2. mr. gracie is out digging out our town. He had to shovel off the 2 foot drift on our front porch before he could even start and we had to have the township come in with their plow cause the town plow couldn't push the snow. It's really hard to tell how much snow we had since it seems we have either large drifts or bare ground. Not much in between, but I heard something like 14 inches of snow. At least no one lost power and everyone seemed to stay home where they were suppose to.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I went outside earlier to feed some cats, and I stepped through snow drifts that had to be 2 feet deep. I worried about losing our electricity too, gracie. So glad we haven't.....yet!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Aliens seem to have abducted the snow removal people that work for the borough I live in. They are usually very dependable, but 2 light winters must have thrown them off. Or else I was right about the aliens.

Fort Member
    We are having ourselves a heat wave. Have not had a day under 35c (95f) for over a weeks and temp today 38c (100f) and 40c+ (104) predicted for the weekend. Hot, hot, hot and more hot.
    Level 4 water restrictions since November and will probably get worse as we have had no significient rain falls since, well i dont really remember the last time it really rained. Have been on water restrictions for what seems like my whole life. Lawn is dead, car is very dirty and i crave a really really long hot shower, 3 minutes is just not enough.

+ Reply to Thread