+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

It's been snowing here since around midnight, but started to pick-up around 4 AM. My neighbor with his humongous snow blower did my drive and walk, etc at about 8 AM and it's covered again. It's a very fine snow but it's and sticking and drifting. This is supposed to be followed by "lake effect" snow, high winds and continue through midnight. Dang ! I have a meeting tonight.

My Dad gave me my very first driving lesson on snow and ice and I used to be an "expert" and the one everyone called to be the driver in bad weather. I never minded before but I now hate driving in this stuff. There are just too many cowboys out there who don't correct their driving speeds and habits when there are visibility issues and dangerous road conditions, and thus I'm at their mercy.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2239918;
    There are just too many cowboys out there who don't correct their driving speeds and habits when there are visibility issues and dangerous road conditions, and thus I'm at their mercy.
    Most of our "cowboys" have been spending time in ditches at the side of our roads lately. I agree with you. I don't mind driving in the snow as long as I can trust the other drivers to have some sense. I guess that means I don't like driving in the snow either.

We're probably up to about 5-6 inches here in NW Ohio, but it hard to say as it is drifting so much. My crazy kids are currently sledding down our driveway as it has a slight slope.

You guys are under a blizzard warning tonight. You're going to more than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2239994;
    You guys are under a blizzard warning tonight. You're going to more than us.
    Thanks for the update Unk! I wasn't aware of that until now. (I have got to find some other snow smilies.)

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2240024;
    Thanks for the update Unk! I wasn't aware of that until now. (I have got to find some other snow smilies.)
    Here's one. He froze his butt off.

We have 9" of snow here now with more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2240047;
    We have 9" of snow here now with more to come.
    I haven't heard an official total, but we've got some impressive drifts. Nothing like the Blizzard of '78, but the most we've seen in a long time.

I got that wrong earlier. We have 5 1/2" and they are calling for a total of 9".

I still haven't heard a total. One TV weatherman said that is hard to measure snow that is blowing sideways.

School is already cancelled for tomorrow for most schools in the area, except Toledo. They probably will too, but are playing the waiting game.

+ Reply to Thread