+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

It's raining here - finally! Of course, I don't think I'd be nearly as excited if I wasn't home sick and not out driving in it...okay, I'm not happy about the sick part - just the not out in the rain part I just love the sound of the rain plinking in the chimney.

Roses - after spending a chilly weekend in NYC, I've decided I have nothing to complain about in CA!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It appears we may have more snow this week.
    Indications continue to show that accumulations
    on Monday and into Monday night would generally be 1 to 3 inches.
    However as the low moves through the Tennessee Valley... heavier
    snow will spread north... creating the potential for an additional
    6 to 9 inches on Tuesday.

It's snowing here in Ohio right now already this morning. It's a very very fine slippery type of snow. We're under a snow watch until Wednesday 12 noon.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Relatively warm for a February in Utah. About 50 - 55 degrees. Feels like a spring thaw! Yeah, I'm lovin' it!

We're up to 33 right now, warmest it's been in awhile. However we have a big one coming.
    A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 4 am Tuesday to 7 am EST Wednesday.

Snow will develop after midnight with accumulations of 1 to 2 inches possible by daybreak Tuesday. The snow will continue on Tuesday and taper off Tuesday night. Warmer air will be drawn north through the Scioto valley... and could cause sleet and freezing rain to mix with the snow. Additional snow accumulations of 4 to 8 inches are possible during the day Tuesday... along with some ice accumulation. Additional light snow accumulations of an inch or two may occur Tuesday evening as the precipitation gradually tapers off.

At this time... snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches is expected to occur over the area. Some sleet and freezing rain will also occur which will cut the higher snowfall totals but add some ice accumulations of under an inch.
    I'm not happy with the ice portion of it.

We have a winter storm warning here in upstate NY starting around 6 pm tonight (Tuesday) and going until 6 am on Thursday. Snow will start tonight and could last 24-30 hours with at least 18-24 inches predicted.

Ten inches of snow is predicted to be on the ground by daybreak. My daughter isn't even going to bother wearing her PJs inside out and backwards tonight. She is already banking on a snowday tomorrow....the first one this season! So far this winter all we have gotten is a total of 6.5 inches of snow, which is nothing for around here.

I checked my weatherstick before I got on the computer and it is still slighty upright, not at all downward. That should be changing soon!

Right now it is all of 6 degrees with a wind chill of -4.

We are shockingly getting our first really measurable snowfall of the season today in south central PA. It's not going to be anything like upper NY has been getting, but freezing rain will make it seem worse tomorrow.

We had an alleged storm warning for 10am today to 7am tomorrow. So far...nothing.

Dang it.. I was hoping for a snow day tomorrow.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

It has been snowing since before dawn, but the flakes are tiny and not adding up fast, mostly blowing into drifts. However the tempo has picked up in the last half hour. We are just under a winter storm warning, 8-12 inches, but just west of here is under a blizzard warning.

I took my learning-to-drive daughter to the elementary school parking lot around the corner from us a couple of hours ago to get some experience in the snow. In spots, the parking lot was still bare, but in others, it was over four inches. I'm going to take her back later this afternoon.

eta: Just be patient, Broadway. It looks like it is still headed your way.

We're supposed to be getting at least 6inches, probably more today and tonight. A fine snow has been falling since noon, so i guess its starting.

+ Reply to Thread