+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    It's ugly and rainy here.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Sorry to hear everyone's getting so much rain! At least you don't have to shovel or rake it!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

It's a balmy +15C = 60F, sunny and warm. Kitties went out for a walk to find some grass. My sister phoned as she saw her first robin, the real sign of spring. And Mr. Tootles chased his first fly of the season. What a great day!
    Attachment 16888Attachment 16889Attachment 16890
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 06:24 AM.

Premium Member
    Yesterday it was 84F. Today a cold front came through and it was 54 but with a wind chill, and the low tonight is expected to be 28F. Crazy.

It's raining here. Again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Yesterday it was 84F. Today a cold front came through and it was 54 but with a wind chill, and the low tonight is expected to be 28F. Crazy.
    I think your cold front has blown into Texas! At 5:00 today, it was 85F and now it's 58. Wind gusts are up to 45 mph and that wind is cold! Tomorrow should be nice though...sunny and in the 60's.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

There's a line of really bad thunderstorms approaching; we should be under another tornado watch within an hour or so. Gotta love Spring in the south-- it's beautiful, but if ya aren't getting a flood, you're being pollinated to death!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I hope all of our Tennessee friends are okay. I know there were a lot of tornados rip through there again this weekend. That's over thirty in two weeks. Most of Kentucky was under a tornado watch until an hour or so ago. We did get a lot of heavy rain and lightning, but no hail or tornados, thank goodness.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Don't you love spring time in the plains? The only place you can have all 4 seasons in one day.

A severe winter storm was expected in our area today. Around 5:00 a.m. this morning,the wind was howling with blowing and drifting snow. Schools and state offices were closed. By 9:00, everything had blown over with only trace accumulation! I got the day off and had decent weather, too!

Stay safe,those of you in the path of severe weather. I'll be sending warm thoughts!

I've seen photos of those tornados on tv. Wow! I sure wouldn't want to live in tornado alley. Too scary for me and the kitts!

Sunny and mild today. I'ts nice enough that my Dad and I were able to rake some grass in the back yard.

+ Reply to Thread