+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Oh Marleybone. I hope you take care. Tornados are nasty. We've only had one up here but it was deadly. We refer to it was Black Friday, even 10+ years later.
    It's letting up here, still dark enough that I have lights on in the house but the worst of the storm has passed through. My cat spent the whole time sitting in the window. The tornados were east of me so we just have a ton of rain. The damage reports are coming in from Omaha though, trees down and windows blown out in some places.

Holy cow, it's raining SO hard right now! All I can hear is the roar of this huge thunderstorm and the plinking of the rain down the chimney flue. I'm expecting the power to go at any minute. I hope the power stays on....at least until my red beans and rice are done cooking on the stove

I guess I should go look for a flashlight, just in case.....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    I loved seeing the photos you posted, Marleybone, misskitty, and queenb!!!

My older dog, Powder, just looooves snow like what you've had, and I'm sorry to say that here in Boston the snow season appears to finally be over for this winter.

Today was the warmest day we've had in more than four months, and the temps reached 71 degrees Fahrenheit, which is 20 degrees higher than the average for this time of year. This gorgeous, unusual weather inspired my boss to send out the following note:

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac's Awesome Boss
    On account of spring, and by virtue of the enormous authority vested in me by my absentee partners, I hereby declare that [all of our] offices shall, and are hereby ordered to, officially close at 4:00 today!

Have a nice weekend (and don't forget to turn your clocks back).
    So here I am, home early after enjoying this beautiful day, getting rested up for what will be a wicked busy, wicked fun weekend.

Chilly & damp ...just yucky.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac's Awesome Boss
    Have a nice weekend (and don't forget to turn your clocks back).
    Hey Pom, you had better remind your boss that we turn the clocks ahead this weekend! Let us know how many people show up 2 hours late for work on Monday.

After all the storms yesterday all we had today was wind.

Ok so this isn't my weather "now". I was so tired I fell asleep.

I spent today, gorgeous sunny warm +15C, RAKING the SNOW. In a t-shirt.

Yes, people. That's what we do up here. So you southerners pay attention. I'm going to edumacate you. The snow doesn't melt evenly. There's snowbanks that turn icy if you leave them too long. So, if you rake the snow, and distribute it over the entire lawn, there's more surface area therefore it melts "quick as a bunny". I have a shady yard because of huge trees and my front and back lawn was the only one left with tons of snow still remaining. Since I've raked it, it should be all gone in another day or so.

Facinating isn't it? Attachment 16861
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:23 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

It is raining. Hard. It has been raining for days and days. I feel like I'm slowly going insane.

I have to go to class in a few hours. I'm trying to put together the most weather-proof outfit I can find.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rain.

Rain.

More rain.

It's supposed to keep raining for the next two weeks, too. And this comes after the rainiest March on record.

Think outside of the box MissLibby's Avatar
    MissKitty, I grew up in snow but we never raked it! All the men in the neighborhood got monster snowblowers and took turns showing off.

I'm in California now but it has been miserable for weeks. Tons of rain and oppresive clouds. It's 10-15 degrees below our normal temp - we should be in the 70s.

On top of the gloom there's doom. It's almost the 100th anniversary of the San Francisco 1906 earthquake so every day the media reminds us of how imminent it is for the next big one to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I spent today, gorgeous sunny warm +15C, RAKING the SNOW. In a t-shirt.
    I can vouch for misskitty. My Dad rakes the snow every spring.

Right now it's about 12 degrees above freezing and we're having a snowshower. Yesterday it was a thunderstorm. Who knows what tomorrow may bring.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread