+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Right here freezing with you, chrelsey!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

It is currently 6 degrees farenheit outside. Factor in the wind chill, and it actually feels like -11!!!!!
    Now that's what I call FREEZING.

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey View Post
    Freezing rain and sleet right now . . . and to think that two days ago it was 85 degrees and I was wearing a tank top and shorts! Oh well, that's Texas weather for ya!
    I had NO idea that Texas could get our crappy weather...I'm so sorry, chrelsey and lildago. Here, in S.W. Michigan, it's 5 above, -11 wind chill and Lake Effect Snow hammering the area. It's even colder on 'the Other Side of the Lake', in Chicago, with -1 as the actual temp.

It's a bummer. Our local Art Movie House,(which closes for 2 months) has it's Grand Re-Opening tonight, showcasing Capote. You have to drive through endless, windswept and unlit farm fields to get there, so I doubt they'll have much of an opening. I feel so sorry for them; I was planning on going but not with an 80% chance of snow tonight.

(and "Yes", there is a road, bisecting the farm fields! We're not ATV-ing it to the movie theatre! )
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Its now 29 here in North Alabama which is supposed to be our high for the day...low should be around 21. We've got about an 1/2 inch of ice with freezing sleet/ice falling now.... I don't like ice!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Gosh! Bad weather all around it seems! We're finally warming up here. It's about -5C. Still no snow, but no ice either!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    ...He should have held it out at arm's length and just poured it out. If it froze before it hit the ground, that would be cold.
    Actually a different weatherman(girl) threw a styrofoam cup of warm water into the air and by the time it hit the ground, it was a frozen chunk! Everyone who saw that edition on the news had to go outside and try it themselves!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Actually a different weatherman(girl) threw a styrofoam cup of warm water into the air and by the time it hit the ground, it was a frozen chunk! Everyone who saw that edition on the news had to go outside and try it themselves!

I would have done exactly the same thing....can't you just see it now....all the neighbors walking out of their houses at the same time with a styrofoam cup full of water and sheepishly looking over at each other like "yeah, I know....I'm gonna try it too"......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    To all my Texas friends: "I'm so sorry that it's gotten SO cold where you live!"

Up here, in Michigan, it's bright blue skies, still very windy and 20 degrees, windchill 13 above. In other words, Winter. We've been too spoiled this year with 50's and 60's in January when we should have been under 20 degrees.
    Thanks Lambi! Yes, it's very cold (30degrees) here! but it's not going to last very long!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    It's c-c-c-cold here, and rainy, and dark, and gloomy. We were supposed to get thunder storms, but it looks like that weather reports were wrong. *shocker*
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

It's been in the high 70's here in Phoenix. Still waiting for rain one of these days. Been over 120 days since the last rain. Keeps looking like it will, but it doesn't.

It's 12F here in Columbus now.
    Phoenix Gal I was going to be heading your way this month but had to cancel vacation due to not having any help. I have a dear friend out that way I go to see about once a year. She let's me know how nice it is all too often.

+ Reply to Thread