+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Down under it's a hot 34 Degrees (where is the air conditioner?)
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

To all my Texas friends: "I'm so sorry that it's gotten SO cold where you live!"

Up here, in Michigan, it's bright blue skies, still very windy and 20 degrees, windchill 13 above. In other words, Winter. We've been too spoiled this year with 50's and 60's in January when we should have been under 20 degrees.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Cold and snowy, as usual. Lambi, I wish the sky was bright blue over here, too; over here, the sky is a dull grey.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Well this morning we had 80K per hour winds, but I'm looking out my window and the smoke coming out of the chimney of the office building just to the north of me is now rising, rather than streaming horizontally like it was this when I got in (and a delightful walk that was)...oh, wait a minute.

Never mind - it's going vertical, horizontal, vertical, horizontal, so apparently we're having gusts.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It was warm this morning, then at noon it went pitch black and hailed. Now it is freezing.
    Count your blessings!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    it was 60 degrees this morning and heading wayyyy down to 25 tonight. Major wind happening right now. I hope my neighbors like windchimes, because mine are singing away!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I hope my neighbors like windchimes, because mine are singing away!
    I hope my neighbours are in accord with yours . Our bing-bongs (what I call our windchimes because they're quite large and bell-like in tone) have been bing-bonging away madly the past 24 hours.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Our weatherman did a little demonstration at suppertime. He had a pitcher of warm water which was "smoking" against the cold air. He then poured it over the window of their news SUV. It froze in 3 seconds. He could scrape it off with his fingernail. THAT's how cold it is today.
    He should have held it out at arm's length and just poured it out. If it froze before it hit the ground, that would be cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    Well this morning we had 80K per hour winds
    Tell me about it. I had to lash everything down on my balcony.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    North Alabama here is predicted to get ice tomorrow...
    ::inject sarcasm:: yippee.........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Freezing rain and sleet right now . . . and to think that two days ago it was 85 degrees and I was wearing a tank top and shorts! Oh well, that's Texas weather for ya!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread