+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

MRD
    78, had to turn on the air conditioner. Please, don't hate me. I'm hiding so no one throws a snow ball at me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    78, had to turn on the air conditioner. Please, don't hate me. I'm hiding so no one throws a snow ball at me.
    It's about that here as well (76, with heat index feels like 78). Odd to think there was an overnight freeze (27F) just a few nights ago.

It's really warm here too...and humid. I have my A/C on. When I went out earlier, it was 81. Tomorrow I think there's another cold front coming through so we'll be freezing again!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Well, it's 59 degrees HERE, in S.W. Michigan! But Wisconsin, just a one hour's drive away, is getting HAMMERED by wind, snow, and almost sub-zero temps! The Weather Channel is predicting -20 to -40 wind chills for this weekend, and we just missed this weather system by 80 miles or so!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Well, it's 59 degrees HERE, in S.W. Michigan! But Wisconsin, just a one hour's drive away, is getting HAMMERED by wind, snow, and almost sub-zero temps! The Weather Channel is predicting -20 to -40 wind chills for this weekend, and we just missed this weather system by 80 miles or so!
    Yup - 2 blocks from the lake, here on the beeyoootiful eastside of Milwaukee I see WINDDDDDDD blowing past my windows..... along with the snow and yeeck.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Ok. Somebody got it wrong. I asked for SNOW people. We still dont have any. BUT we did drop in temperature 40 degrees in two days!!

It's now a FREAKIN' COLD -34 windchill. . I had to go out for accupuncture, get kitty food and groceries, and get to the bank. I still need gas for the car, but it was tooo cold.

However, the sun was shining, the sky was blue, and the roads were amazingly great to drive on.

Our weatherman did a little demonstration at suppertime. He had a pitcher of warm water which was "smoking" against the cold air. He then poured it over the window of their news SUV. It froze in 3 seconds. He could scrape it off with his fingernail. THAT's how cold it is today.

I say we all gather at myrosiedog's or lildagos for some warm weather and a cool drink or two Whattayasay!?

gabriel What exactly is "yeeck"
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-16-2006 at 09:47 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I say we all gather at myrosiedog's or lildagos for some warm weather and a cool drink or two Whattayasay!?
    You might want to hold off on the party plans. We're under a Winter Weather Advisory for tomorrow. My kids and I played outside today in shorts and bare feet. Hard to believe we'll be bundled up tomorrow!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    You might want to hold off on the party plans. We're under a Winter Weather Advisory for tomorrow. My kids and I played outside today in shorts and bare feet. Hard to believe we'll be bundled up tomorrow!
    Yeah, we had 80 degrees in central texas (Austin) and it will be a high of 48 tomorrow. That's cold for us!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Ok. Somebody got it wrong. I asked for SNOW people. We still dont have any. BUT we did drop in temperature 40 degrees in two days!!

It's now a FREAKIN' COLD -34 windchill. . I had to go out for accupuncture, get kitty food and groceries, and get to the bank. I still need gas for the car, but it was tooo cold.

However, the sun was shining, the sky was blue, and the roads were amazingly great to drive on.

Our weatherman did a little demonstration at suppertime. He had a pitcher of warm water which was "smoking" against the cold air. He then poured it over the window of their news SUV. It froze in 3 seconds. He could scrape it off with his fingernail. THAT's how cold it is today.
    Man, what a "cool" demonstration of freezing temperatures; I'm so envious that you have a better Weatherman than I do!

Currently, at 12:12 am, it's blowing like mad-crazy-crazy and the all night rain has turned to snow. Weather Channel claims it's still 36 degrees.

Liars!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    ; I'm so envious that you have a better Weatherman than I do!
    This is a fairly new fella. Quite creative and funny. But not stupid.

One of our local guys held the title of World's Best Weatherman! Seriously! There's a competition. And the girl who replaced him was so good, she also was nominated. She got promoted to the Big Leagues down east. So we keep losing all our great, entertaining, and smart weatherPEOPLE. Drat!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread