+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    North Alabama here and last night we had about an inch of snow (which is unusual for us)....melted away this morning.....
    My 12 yr old son was rather pitiful yesterday tho...he's chipped a bone in his ankle so he's in a "boot" for stabilizing his foot and he was attempting to hobble around outside and catch snowflakes on his tongue and all I could think about was "Oh Lord, don't let him fall and hurt his other foot!!!"
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

20 inches of snow and falling. *sigh*

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    a foot of snow and still falling....
    Same thing here, mare, and I LOVE IT.

I just got in from SHOVELING - ROUND ONE.

I shoveled all the steps, the path in the yard for the dogs, the little area where I feed the birds so that they don't have to go digging for the food that I've been throwing down, and the driveway.

I have an awesome Jeep Wrangler that just trompled over all the snow in the driveway, so I didn't even have to shovel that. I just flattened it for all of us, 'cause my neighbors in the building don't have four wheel drive.

Now, whenever the snow stops, I'll just have a few inches of it to clear.

I'M THINKING OF GUTMUTTER TODAY!!! For one thing, I'm glad 'cause she'll surely have a snow day tomorrow so she can relax and chill out. For another thing, I'm so grateful to her handsome son for putting the hard top back on my Jeep for me last Fall. It's so much warmer and more solid now than it would be with just the wimpy rag top.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Same thing here, mare, and I LOVE IT.

I just got in from SHOVELING - ROUND ONE.

I shoveled all the steps, the path in the yard for the dogs, the little area where I feed the birds so that they don't have to go digging for the food that I've been throwing down, and the driveway.

Now, whenever the snow stops, I'll just have a few inches of it to clear.

I'M THINKING OF GUTMUTTER TODAY!!! For one thing, I'm glad 'cause she'll surely have a snow day tomorrow so she can relax and chill out. For another thing, I'm so grateful to her handsome son for putting the hard top back on my Jeep for me last Fall. It's so much warmer and more solid now than it would be with just the wimpy rag top.
    I've been thinking about both of you... that y'all got the real thing while we got a wimpy little half inch of snow yesterday and another half inch this morning, and it's 22 degrees here...you gals be careful and stay warm!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Pom - we only got 3" of snow! No snowday for us. My handsome son did all the shovelling yesterday, so I'm loving him about now. I caught up on laundry and kept the supplementary woodstove going, so I put in my miles up and down the basement stairs with laundry/wood.
    Count your blessings!

Too bloody cold! Lots of snow too. I find myself daydreaming of sunny beaches and Piņa Coladas... heck, I'd settle for just being able to walk outside without wearing four layers of clothing and inevitably looking 50 lbs heaver and STILL freezing my ass off! I'm so over winter.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

It started to snow in Montreal, but not much. Isn't it ironic that there is no snow in "the land of the cold" and you people "down-south" have inches of snow...

Please, send me some snow. It doesn't feel like winter at all.

It's been +10 C, no snow. I wore my shoes outside. My kitties are looking for grass to eat. Plants are almost starting to bud again. The motorcycles have come out of the garages. People are running, walking, jogging everywhere with no jackets or shorts on! It's ONE AMAZING February up here and I really like it. However, I do know that we need the cold weather to kill the bugs that may come and infest the grain fields during the summer. And we need the moisture for all the trees and flowers in the spring. And we need the moisture for the mountains and the forests so we aren't on a fire alert throughout the entire summer of camping. Animals are not prepared for what may come. On the bright side, we haven't had any homeless who have frozen out in the streets this year. And that's a really good thing!

I don't want a metre of the stuff (that's about a yard for you Americanos) but a foot would do nicely thank you very much!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Sorry for you all!!

Current ConditionsReported from Nut Tree Arpt. 02/13/2006 2:53 PM EST
    Temperature: 72°F 22°C
    Conditions: Fair
    Winds: N 8 MPH N 13 KPH
    Relative Humidity: 26%
    Barometer: 30.16 Falling
    Visibility: 10.00 Miles 16.09 Kilometers
    Feels Like: 72°F n/a
    Local Doppler Averages, Records

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Pom - we only got 3" of snow! No snowday for us. My handsome son did all the shovelling yesterday, so I'm loving him about now.
    WOW!!! I had no idea that the mid-western part of the state had so little snow!! I was too busy yesterday to listen to the follow-up on who-got-what.

I ended up shoveling in two rounds -- the first was about ten inches, and the second was the last four or five inches.

I LOVED THIS SNOW, 'cause the ten inches was really no heavier than the four or five. The reason? It was the dryest, most powdery, most fluffy snow I've ever seen on this side of the Mississippi River.

It was Colorado snow, the same snow after which I named my white dog ("Powder") and it was just delightful.

Today in Boston we had a wonderfully brilliant, sunny, warmer day, and a lot of the snow's melted already.

The sidewalks are clear, and the spot where I shoveled for the birds and squirrels is already down to the grass again, meaning that they have access to all the food that was there before the snow showed up at all yesterday.

We're in for a dry, sunny week, and I'm really enjoying this return of winter weather.

+ Reply to Thread