+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Premium Member
    I just checked out Weatherunderground, it's great! I have WeatherBug on my computer and I like it because it chirps whenever there's a weather advisory. I like the warning map on weatherunderground a lot better, you can look at every county in the whole US at one glance and see where the warnings are.

I used to have Weatherbug and loved the little chirp. After I switched to a laptop, though, I don't keep it one 24/7 like I did with the desktop. So I just use weatherunderground now. I love how you can click on "Storm Tracks" on their radar and it shows you which direction each individual storm cell is headed and what the details are for that cell.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Tornado update....all's well

Sorry about last night guys, I didn't have access to a computer to give an update.

Right after I posted my last note the storm sirens went off. The rain was almost horizontal and the metal light poles in our parking lot were swaying and bending in the wind. The president of our company got on the intercom and ordered everyone into the storm safe part of the building.

We found out later that a rotating cloud that had been dropping funnels passed right over our office. The president had been watching the storm out his office window and saw the cloud drop a funnel across the field from the building, about a 1/2 mile away. That's when he ordered us all into the accounting department.

I stayed at the office until the storm passed. When I left the office, I probably only saw 20 cars on my way home. Everyone was hunkered down. We lost power at home for most of the night.

We had a few limbs down, but thankfully no damage. There were two tornados that hit within 1 hour of us. Several people injured, but no deaths.

The weather has been so strange. Yesterday morning it was 65F at this time, today it's about 28F.

I hope this is the last of it!

Glad to hear you made it through safely, Harmoj!

and you're right, it's FREEZING today!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    warm, about 67, but rainy
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Thanks Suncat. I'm glad we're safe too.

I know my kitty-girls are glad the weather is done. They were so upset the Sunday of the tornado. They woke me up - not the storm. Just crying and carrying on...throwing themselves against the bedroom door making it rattle and jumping up on the doorknob shaking it. I got up to tell them to knock it off when I noticed all the lightning without any thunder. I went to the window and as I started to open the blinds lighting hit down the street. The thunder clap was so loud it shook the glass in the windows. It was raining so hard I could hardly see the house next door. I told my husband to turn on the TV and I opened the door for the kitties. They made a beeline for the bed and climbed under the covers. The poor babies were shaking.

Right as they announced the tornado warning our power went out. We were on our way down to the basement, but by the time we got there the storm was over. It was so creepy. The kitties would not leave our sides for the rest of the day.

Last night Maddie was running around like a crazy cat after the storms passed. Chloe just hid on the couch with us and tried to stay out of her way. Maddie had such a crazy look in her eye. It was kinda creepy.

They (who is "they?") always say that animals have a sense about these things before they happen. Mine weren't too bent out of shape last night, other than ear twitching when the sirens went off.

I hope that your Maddie and Chloe get lots of catnaps today, to make up for their trauma!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Welcome to Houston...until around 4/5 PM yesterday, it was warm and in the 80's. Storm blew through briefly and we wake up today in the 40's.

The saying goes "if you don't like the weather here, wait thirty minutes"
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

It's about 30 degrees in the windy city, considering it was in the 50s yesterday - that felt like a heatwave compared to today!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

the first snowfall of the season. WOOHOO!!! get the bowls and maple syrup ready.

+ Reply to Thread