Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Yikes! This advisory just came through on my Weatherunderground.com alert

Eastern Kentucky
    eastern Tennessee

Effective this Tuesday night and Wednesday morning from 955 PM
    until 300 am EST.

Tornadoes... hail to 1 inch in diameter... thunderstorm wind gusts
    to 80 mph... and dangerous lightning are possible in these areas.

The Tornado Watch area is approximately along and 55 statute miles
    east and west of a line from 50 miles north northeast of Jackson
    Kentucky to 5 miles east southeast of Chattanooga Tennessee.
    I hope everyone in this area with me stays safe. I'm glad some of you have had it move past you already. It's sounding like a doozy out there. Aside from safety, I'm also hoping not to lose my internet connection.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

It's still banging around like heck, but the tornadic activity has passed now. (and I finally got my satellite signal back....luckily I can watch the shows I missed on the east coast time on the west coast time instead!)

Thanks for the well wishes, I hope that everything calms down before it gets to you, Stargazer!
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Dang it. I just lost my internet connection for a minute. I hope this trend doesn't continue. The rain sounds like it could have hail in it, though, so I'm probably facing a few hours of no computer or tv. Which would mean no way for me to check the weather alerts.

After what happened in Indiana the other day, though, I'll count myself lucky if that's the worst issue I face with it.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

We had nothing here Star....yet. Thanks for Wetherunderground.com tip. It's now replaced weatherchannel.com as my source of weather news because they suck.

Stargazer, when my satellite went out earlier, I was calling my Mom (who has cable) practically screaming "what do the reports say now? and NOW? and NOW???"

I was just in our closet clearing out everything my little one had put in there for our tornado shelter. There were the flashlights, pillows, blankets, phones (cell and home), her favorite stuffed animals, her gameboy, and.......(this one cracked me up) the remote control for the TV.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Well, the remote has to be saved, you know. My daughter is NOT a fan of weather, so I envy you. I had a very twitchy, freaked-out Little Gazer come screaming out of her bedroom a few minutes ago. She's now taken up residence on the couch next to me.

Star, our local weather just showed a graphic with Eastern Ky listed as being under severe conditons for tornadoes.

I just saw the same report. Star, do you have a battery powered radio to get weather reports if you lose power?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    We had nothing here Star....yet. Thanks for Wetherunderground.com tip. It's now replaced weatherchannel.com as my source of weather news because they suck.
    I just saw this post of yours, Unk. I'm a big fan of weatherunderground.com. They have warnings and advisories posted sometimes 15 minutes before weatherchannel.com. That 15 minutes could mean a lot if there was a tornado or something on its way. :nono I actually became a paid member there I liked it so much. I'd recommend it to anyone.

ETA: Nope, lildago. I used to but not anymore. I only live about a block from the town's tornado siren, though. Hopefully it would go off if I needed it too.

It seems like it might be calming down outside. Maybe the worst of it has passed me.

Star........ just saw that a tornado hit in KY... but can't remember the name of the town, darnit. Millington, Middleton... something like that, i believe?

Tornados also outside of Evansville, IN and in TN somewhere. Be safe, everyone!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread