+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Sounds like our weather here, dagwood. Its dreary here this morning, and real windy.
    It's that time of year here. Lots of dreary days. It is snowing in the mountains today. Cold too. It won't be long before we have snow in the valley.

This morning already, the sun is trying to shine..but it's chilly here in Ohio.
    The summers are just not long enough.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Unusually warm and sunny for San Francisco

FORT Regular
    It's nippy, but alsso briisk and refreshing and dark way too early!

It's raining. It's been raining all day. It was raining when I cycled into work, it's still raining now that I'm about to cycle home. I am not a happy woman.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Tornadoes

It has been the worst two weather weeks in Southern Indiana.

Last Sunday (November 6) around 2 in the morning, a F3 tornado came through Evansville and Warrick Co. and killed 23 people, injured 200 (one more person died today). 18 of those deaths were less then a mile from my house. Hundreds of homes were destroyed in Warrick County. An entire family was killed in Boonville - the baby (5), Dad and pregnant Mom.

It just keeps coming...last night we had 5-7 inches of rain with horrible local flooding. They even closed schools or sent kids home early.

Now we are surrounded by tornado warnings. As I type this, there is a tornado in Kentucky about 45 min. south of us. There was another one 40 min. north of me about an hour ago. There is a huge line in Illinois that will still hit us in Evansville before the end of the day. Thankfully there are no reports of any deaths at this point - just structural damage.

Here is a story about the weather today - Courier & Press, Evansville IN

Here is a story about the tornado - ABC news

When will it stop? What a nightmare...

Premium Member
    I can see all those tornado warnings in my Weather Bug radar. It's really odd weather for this time of year. Stay safe Harmoj.

We had our first snow today, just a couple inches and the ground is still warm enough that it's not going to stay long. It wouldn't be so bad except that the wind is howling like no tomorrow... 25-30 mph with gusts up to 60. I had bought a small bouquet of flowers at Walmart this morning and they blew right out of my cart. I had to crawl around and reach under a truck to get them.

Tornado update...

Sorry for the double post guys...

There are reports coming out of Kentucky for the storm there. Homes damaged...stores damaged...trees down...no reports of any deaths at this point.

The weather guys are tripping over themselves trying to keep up with all the warnings.

They are calling for 50-80 mpi winds, hail, lightning, very heavy rain in the next half hour.

Right now the tempertaure is 74F but it will get down to 37F by midnight.

Man....I live in Kentucky and this weather is CRAZY. (and that's something, considering that I'm really used to crazy weather.) It's sweltering hot where I live, and majorly windy, we have the tornado watches everywhere. They let the schools out early because the weather is so unpredictable right now.

My brother lives in Southern Indiana, and he kept his little girl home from school today because the weather was so nuts, (and he would be out of his mind if he wasn't able to get right to her if things turn extreme.)

I've already seen tress down just from the wind.

My little girl is a weather fanatic (specifically tornado-crazy) so she's thrilled with the reports, etc. Then again, she thought it was great when we lost part of our roof last year....in a room that we were in at the time.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I'm under a tornado warning right now. 15 min. before I can leave work...

Pitch black outside.

I don't know if it's coming by me or what.

+ Reply to Thread