+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

It is below 0 here too, but the forecast shows a week of sun hovering around 34. I always like to remind myself in the summer that there are times in the winter when 40 would be a heat wave. In the winter I remind myself that there are times in summer when a forecast of 70 is cold. Hard to imagine every time.
    Count your blessings!

snow snow snow snow !!!

Yaaaay!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I'm laughing at the weathermen this week. They can't commit to the forecast. There is a weather system out at sea that may (or may not) back into us Thurs./Fri. May be rain, may be snow. May be nothing. I want to be a weatherman when I grow up. You don't have to know jack sh**.
    Count your blessings!

Sunny and clear skies. A beautiful day! I think we will pick some lemons and make lemonade...yummm.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    FOG, THICK, BLOODY THICK FOG I could barely see two white lines in front of my truck tonight as i drove home. Like living in San Fran. and we are in nevada

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    I want to be a weatherman when I grow up. You don't have to know jack sh**.
    No kidding! The Mr. & I were just griping about this this morning! They said last night 1 to 3 inches of snow. guess what? Not even a flake.

They get the forecast right about 40 - 50% percent of the time (I'm being generous here) . I think if anyone else had accuracy at their job only half the time, they'd be fired in no time flat!

My husband thinks they overhype the weather & worry people in order to keep viewers tuned in. I think he may be onto something with that theory.

PS ~ Did the groundhog see his shadow today? And I can't remember which is good ~ if he does or doesn't?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    It's beautiful and sunny here today.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

It is mid-20s here and overcast. There was a thick fog last evening and this morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. The fog had frozen on the trees and bushes and was simply gorgeous.

Finally, we have nice weather. It's 6 above (celsius) which is about 42 degrees to you Americans. My kids are even playing outside.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    It is mid-20s here and overcast. There was a thick fog last evening and this morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. The fog had frozen on the trees and bushes and was simply gorgeous.
    yeah same here had that fog last night and still got some today and it is below freezing so everything is coated in a nice frost. makes driving a bitch though especially at night.

+ Reply to Thread