+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

We just got ALOT of snow. I think 28 inches to be exact, causing there to be NO school today!!

-11 degrees F. This morning. It was one cold drive in to work this morning.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

My weather bug says 10, but the wind chill says 10 below

This is what I get for complaining about all that sun in Las Vegas...I can't even whimper in front of my husband about how cold it is!

But the snow sure is pretty when you are on the inside looking out
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    It's 5 degrees here, supposed to go to 20. But with the wind chill, it is going to feel like 10 below. :phhht
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

It was -20 (yes, 20 below - without factoring in the wind chill) this morning at my house. Car wouldn't even start.
    Unfortunately, someone jumped it, and now I'm at work still trying to get rid of my chill (thus I'm wearing my coat in the office ). Its supposed to be a balmy 25 degrees by midweek, though.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    It was -20 (yes, 20 below - without factoring in the wind chill) this morning at my house. Car wouldn't even start.
    Unfortunately, someone jumped it, and now I'm at work still trying to get rid of my chill (thus I'm wearing my coat in the office ). Its supposed to be a balmy 25 degrees by midweek, though.
    Brrrrr!!!!

About the car not starting. I learned a trick that usually works in frigid weather for batteries in decent condition. Before touching the ignition, turn on the lights for 3 seconds (one-one-thousand, two-one-thousand, three-one-thousand), and then turn them off. NOW, try starting the car. Turning on the lights briefly warms up the battery so that it will start.

Currently 19 degrees with a RealFeel of 9. *brrr*
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Premium Member
    36 heading for a high of 52. Woo Hoo

Egads... I just heard that there was an official snowfall of 38 inches in Plymouth, MA. I would think that Speedy must have gotten a little bit more than that.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'm just a stones throw from there and that's about what we got. I saw on the local channel that someplaces recorded 40 inches. I just shoveled out my carport, but our circle isn't even plowed yet so I'm not going anywhere. Then of course, there is the 5 hour shovel-out from the snowplow.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread