+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Your Weather NOW!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Hey Pom, I'm just a few miles down the road. The wind is blowing so hard it's snowing upwards. I'm 4 four miles from the water and we're expecting 30ft tidal surges.
    Hiya speedy!!! I think your neck of the woods is being hit the worst!!!

I'm worried about you, so close to the ocean, and I've been keeping my eyes out while watching the news, hoping that I don't see any news footage of a fireman carrying you somewhere!

Personally I LOVE WEATHER, especially severe weather of any kind. I like seeing the normal routine thrown off a bit, and so I'm loving this. One worry I have is that I do hope that everyone stays safe and warm.

Oh, and the other worry I have is that we don't lose power, 'cause there's a football game coming on TV tonight, not to mention Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, etc. (I've got 24 batteries that'll fit my battery-powered TV, just in case!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Mass. is under siege - record breaking 3 feet of snow in Pom's neck of the woods. I'm outside the belt of hurricane force winds, but we're getting a couple feet of snow. Pom - Check in now and then to let us know you're ok!
    Thanks, Gut! I'm doing fine, my wonderful neighbor Joe and his adorable kittens-who-he-adopted-from-you are doing fine, and all the pets are fine, too.

I have to work at a part-time job today but fortunately the office is within walking distance, and fortunately I can bring Powder and Tuxedo (my dogs) to the office with me.

So I'll be heading over there soon with my shovel and then we'll spend the day there.

I just heard on the news that Boston Schools will be closed on both Monday and Tuesday this week -- whooooo-hoooo!! Maybe I won't have to go to work tomorrow in downtown Boston!!!

I hope the rest of you guys are doing well, too, and staying toasty warm today.
    Last edited by Pomeraniac; 01-23-2005 at 10:53 AM.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Still raining with breaks here and there, has warmed up a bit though..

Just in from a marathon shovelling session. Thankfully a neighbor saw me and plowed the length of my long driveway up to my car and wouldn't take a cent for it (it took him 2 minutes - would have taken me 2 hours). So I just had to shovel around the car, a path to my woodpile, and a path to my oil delivery hookup. Now I have the woodstove going as backup heat and the car warmed up to take my son to basketball practice. They never cancel that!!! Glad to hear you're ok and enjoying the storm, Pom.
    Count your blessings!

Over 3 feet, Pom? Yikes!!!

Officially, Toledo ended up with 12 inches. But with all the blowing and drifting, some places are nearly bare and some are a couple of feet.

Well, the storm stalled over the Cape. Oh joy. It's still white-out conditions and some of my windows are covered over from the snow drifts. When I say I'm trapped...I really mean I'm trapped! This is the first time in quite a while we're getting more snow than Boston *neener neener*
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar

I Actually Got Frostbites Last Night....

Yesterday me and my friends, Ivory, Ashley, Jasan, Takia, LeTrice, Aldon, Marquese, Ernest, Raymond and many many more went playing in the snow. It was Boys v. Girls, it was fun. I got home and i couldn't feel my feet. After a while they started to warm up and it was BURNING! It was the worst feeling i have ever felt in my whole life! i was crying and screaming. My mother took a towel and rubbed over my feet adn after about 20 minutes of agony, they stopped burning. That was the worst feeling i have ever felt. Next time i go play in the snow i am wearing about three or four pairs of socks. If you have ever got frostbites, tell me the story.
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

No more new snow for central Ohio, just cold. 9 F now. down to 0 tonight. I feel for all of you getting beat up with the snow. Hope this helps.

A hot toddy to warm your innards

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    When I say I'm trapped...I really mean I'm trapped!
    You're really TRAPPED, speedy??? You're really TRAPPED????

Although I'm sad to hear you're in distress I'm kind of psyched that you're trapped, 'cause maybe I'll get to see that news footage of a fireman carrying you to safety, after all!!!!

(bunch of letters)Patricia - Yikes! Poor baby! I used to get frostbite on my cheeks when we went skiing in Ohio/PA. Rubbing it is bad! It can severely damage frozen tissue! If it ever happens again, put your feet in lukewarm water or allow to warm up gradually, have someone warm hold the feet, but never, never rub!! Speedbump - are you still trapped? My daughter at Bridgewater thought it would be fun to ride out the storm at a friend's rather than in the dorm and last I heard they couldn't get out because of the snow piled against the doors. I'm sure at 18 it is all a big adventure. She'll be able to tell tales the rest of her life. Come to think of it, I was in college during the blizzard of '78 (in Ohio) and had a blast being stuck in an old farmhouse with my boyfriend - chopping wood for heat out in the blizzard.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread