+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 633 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162562 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What are you drinking (or eating) right now?

Diet Mountain Dew.

And in a sec or two, I'll probably follow up with a Red Bull chaser.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

A glass of water and a yummy salad I made for lunch.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Coffee.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Home made chocolate chip cookies and coffee

supper time soon - cheeseburgers and fries
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Thera Flu lemon flavored hot drink for colds.
    *cough, hack, sniffle*

Aw, sorry you're not feeling too well, Unk! I hope you get better soon, 'kay?

As for me, I'm still stuffed from a nice dinner we had (delicious salmon tonight) and am trying to digest a bit. I just polished off a nice glass of shiraz and am fixing to make a nice hot cuppa my favorite vanilla chai to have with dessert!

ETA: It's important I mention that I'll be enjoying my nice hot beverage in my brand spankin' new WSPA mug!!!
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 02-19-2005 at 01:11 AM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Symphony wine (whatever that is) and a box of Cheez-It crackers
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

SnowflakeGirl, you're killing me. Everything you eat just sounds so tasty (fresh salmon!) I can't even imagine... some sort of delicious parallel universe... I'm too lazy to get a meal more than once a day, so my diet consists mostly of cereal and instant miso soup.

Salome, I'm sorry to get all When I Was Your Age on you, but I was once the Queen of Cheetos and the Dame of Dining Out. Back in the day, all my friends knew if they came to my apartment, there was a permanent bag of Cheesy Poofs on the coffee table (next to the Playstation ), and we'd always order food delivered and/or drive-thru. I was horrible, but I was young and my metabolism allowed me to eat carne asada burritos at midnight and not notice any problem in terms of outward appearance. However, by my senior year in college, my doctor found I had a cholestoral level of 270!!! This fact, combined with reading Fast Food Nation, and meeting (later marrying) a guy who loves cook and go to farmers' markets and won't allow me to stock the freezer and pantry with things whose ingredients I can't pronounce really helped reform me.

I've had to make a very conscious effort to eat better, though I still enjoy some junk food on a occasional basis--I just make sure the majority of what I eat on a daily basis is real food (not creepy, processed, Soylent Green-y stuff) and truly nourishing while still pleasurable.

I'm writing this long-winded post because I worry for you, and I know you're young and probably very busy with school and life, but it's never to early to watch your health. Luckily cereal, provided it's not Count Chocula (damn it, I used to love Count Chocula), should have some nutritional value, and miso soup should have some soy--but do try to pick up a salad from a deli for lunch, or go with your friends for sushi, something fun and nutritious at the same time. Don't skip meals! If I were near you, I'd probably be trying to feed you all the time, like a nervous hen or a Jewish mother: Eat, eat...you're skin and bone!

Anyway, my dessert tonight was fresh strawberries and blueberries in yogurt with ground flax, drizzled with honey. So yummy. And now I'm going to have a couple of Godiva truffles before going to bed (for the, um, antioxidants in cacao, of course ).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread