+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you worked at Rocco's 22?

Have you worked at Rocco's 22?

Just reading another thread, Kissyface217 said that he/she used to work at Rocco's. I am wondering if the situation was/is as difficult as it looks on TV, what the atmosphere is currently like and what it is like to work with certain people: The front door chick, Uzay, Carrie, Shane (the floor manager), Angel, Matt(?), Rocco, Tony (Former exec. chef), Mama, JC... you know, the ones that stand out, the ones we remember. Oh, and lets not forget snotface Drew.

Please share, as I am sure that there are actually some of us that watch the show and are curious. Being that this installment of The Restaurant was put on hiatus due to less than stellar reviews, that it is unlikely that we may find out what will/ is happening.
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

Yes, I'd like to know if in real life Carrie ever shuts up. When does she actually get any work done since all they do is show her talking/complaining/gossiping?

ya, inquiring minds would like to know, Kissyface. was it at UP or Roccos22

FORT Newbie
    But we have no real idea if kissyface is lying or not. I mean, this is the Internet, anyone can come here and say they worked on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooksmcgee
    But we have no real idea if kissyface is lying or not. I mean, this is the Internet, anyone can come here and say they worked on the show.
    Thats true Spooks, but we are still curious... all 3 of us... can you hear the crickets in the background?!

Quote Originally Posted by Darling
    Thats true Spooks, but we are still curious... all 3 of us... can you hear the crickets in the background?!
    Make that 4 crickets.

FORT Newbie
    I worked at roccos all last summer. I was NOT on the show...therefore i really have no reason to lie about any of this. not trying to gain fame or noteriety on a reality TV website. But if u are still skeptical i can provide you with the full names and cell numbers of the rest of the roccos staff (not that i would ever do that to them...just saying i could). In terms of the people who worked there...i have only good things to say about them all. The managers are very stern...sometimes to the point where i was FUMING and threatened to quit to laurent at least 3 times...but in retrospect...they did what they had to do to keep the restaurant functioning (cause god know rocco wasnt doing anything to help the situation).
    Emily frightened me when she first became MD. she would just bark orders and be EXTREMELY rude. as time wore on i realized that during our busy seating times, she would just get over anxious and did not mean to be malicious. Uzay is a pretty nice guy...but if you think rocco is a ham infront of the cameras...YOU SHOULD SEE UZAY schmooz with customers, sometimes COMPLETELY neglecting his duties and leaving some customers waiting for service unnecessarily. Carrie is a nice chick, funny as hell. she may come off as a gossip queen on the show, but i think they were just trying to build a character out of her. I mean, someone needed to keep the rest of the staff (and the audience) informed on the lowdown. Shane and matt also great guys. not much to say there. Mama is the sweetest woman alive, and really took care of me while i was there. made me like another daughter to her. Tony was a nice guy, but SLEEZY when it came to any halfway decent looking girl that worked in the place. maybe if he spent more time crunching numbers than chasing skirts, rocco wouldnt have found it necessary to fire him.

let it be know, i dont much care for rocco. he was never around, and when he was, he would boss people around and completely undermind the managers (Laurent, Emily, Patty, Colleen, Shane, etc) autority and orders. he had no idea what was going on at that restaurant, and frankly when the cameras were around, i dont think he could have cared less.

now that i have written a novel. let me know if u have any other questions. im here to please

Very Interesting, KissyFace. I never would have pegged Tony for a skirt chaser. Everything else you told us is basically what I expected. I guess I gave Rocco a little more fatih than I should have. From what you told us, the guy really is a boob. How long did you work there before you left? And what made you leave?! thanks!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by kissyface217
    But if u are still skeptical i can provide you with the full names and cell numbers of the rest of the roccos staff (not that i would ever do that to them...just saying i could).
    That's like me saying "I could provide you with the name of Deepthroat if I wanted to, but I won't do that to him."

It doesn't prove anything. I'm not saying you're a liar, just saying that a lot of people are taking forn granted the ideaq that everyone on the Internet tells the truth. As for motivation, a lot of people look for attention on message boards. It wouldn't surprise me.

Spooks, the FORT is a popular place. You'd be surprised how many actual reality TV participants we get here.

Personally, I'm giving kissyface the benefit of the doubt.

Was JC there when you worked there kissy?
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast