+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony vs Tony vs Rocco

Tony vs Tony vs Rocco

I would totally hire the American Tony!! He's calm, cool, and collected even when everyone else is frenzied. When Rocco harshly (and wrongly) chewed Tony out on the last episode, he just thanked Rocco before hanging up. Classy! made Rocco look like a big whiner.

And now Rocco has brought his italian friend Tony in -- I like Italian Tony -- he reminds me of a little boy who is a little lost. But darn it -- make like a man sometime. Quit buggin' American Tony -- find that sieve, that oregano, the big dish, and everything else yourself. American Tony has a job to do.

And what is up with Rocco's ill treatment of American Tony?? Did you see how Rocco asked for the menu from A. Tony, only to immediately turn his back and confer with I. Tony over it -- as if A. Tony were nothing more than a stooge. I tell you, American Tony holds that place together! He's already past the point where I would have gone into a hysterical rage over the fact of being ignored, yelled at by my childish boss, seeing my good work given credit to another, treated rudely, having to supervise everyone in the kitchen (plus those that Rocco brings in), having my cooking criticized while the Italian chef earns big points for adding a sh**load of salt to the pasta, and working my white-coated tail off around some guy who took all day long in my kitchen to bake a cake and prettily decorate it for Rocco's birthday.

Rocco's got some kind of grudge toward American Tony -- I hope A. Tony finds a better job soon!
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

I totally agree with you about A. Tony. He seems to have a lot of patience and knows how to deal with people.

Like I said before, I think that A. Tony is 100 times better looking and has a better personality than Rocco.

American Tony is the type of person that will have a very happy and successful life, personally and professionally. HE is the type of employee that is a joy to work with. Very classy guy, and cute too!

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    As we found out tonight, serving hot food on time is not a valid employment criteria for an executive chef at Rocco's ....I hope the New York times takes away the star ...because the atmosphere at the place....between the overt sexual harrasment by the co-owner and the bad food don't earn it....

I miss Tony already...

You pretty much do have to add a load of salt to the water pasta is cooked in. One of my ambitions is to go to culinary school, and so I've read books on the topic, one of which said that the boiling water if tasted should be VERY salty to impart some flavor to the pasta.

Rocco was totally out of line for firing his executive chef on a whim, basically. Tony yelled in the kitchen? Show me a chef who doesn't? They aren't warm and cuddly ala Emeril the TV Version. A working kitchen is a loud, frenetic place. I think Rocco canned him cos he didn't want Tony to make him look bad in the kitchen seeing as Tony held down the fort night after night while Rocco did the celebrity circuit.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Starby

Rocco's got some kind of grudge toward American Tony -- I hope A. Tony finds a better job soon!
    the grudge is based on "American Tony" can COOK, and he doesn't need his Mommy there to fight his fights.

and one more thing, I think A.Tony should have his own show and his 15 minuted of fame, unlike Roccos 15 minutes of SHAME!

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar

Can't wait to see how it all turns out...

Rocco is gum on my shoe!

After seeing the last episode, it is confirmed that he truly is an imbecile. Firing Tony, having his locker broken into, and his pompous attitude in general is enough to make anyone go postal. Sure, Rocco says he's going to do the cooking and see what he does.... slips right back to his usual ways of being a NO SHOW (hiding in his office across the street)! How about his total conviction when he is talking to Laurent about taking back the kitchen now that Chef Tony is gone... something about giving it his all for 2-3 days???? What a jackass!

I don't worry too much about Chef Tony as I hope that Jeffrey will find him something in one of his other restaurants. I thought it was a terrific gesture to increase his pay to show that he was a valued member of the staff.

Rocco knows that Chef Tony is a better chef than he is and is just threatened. Yeah, sure Rocco, call it insubordination... blah, blah, blah... You're in the wrong AGAIN buddy! As far as yelling in the kitchen... yeah, that DOES happen. Like stooooopid Rocco NEVER yelled in the kitchen????

Rocco ain't never gonna be the rock star that he thinks he is....he's just a legend in his own mind. What's he gonna do when the money well runs dry? Steal Momma's Social Security checks???? I'll say it again... What a JACKASS!!!!!!!

FORT Newbie
    I too was sad to see Tony fired. How strange must that have been for him -- one night he's told he's getting a raise, then the next day Rocco summons him to the office to fire him as he is signing copies of his book!! And then the chaos that occurred in the kitchen when there was nobody there to provide strong direction to the staff. Overall it was pretty amazing. I think Tony realizes he's better off being out of that situation, but I'm sure that was a pretty tough experience for him.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipperG
    I too was sad to see Tony fired. How strange must that have been for him -- one night he's told he's getting a raise, then the next day Rocco summons him to the office to fire him as he is signing copies of his book!! And then the chaos that occurred in the kitchen when there was nobody there to provide strong direction to the staff. Overall it was pretty amazing. I think Tony realizes he's better off being out of that situation, but I'm sure that was a pretty tough experience for him.

I read the title too quickly and thought this was a thread for classic 80s musicians Tone, Toni, Tony.

But seriously, folks, the fact that Rocco fired Tony (I think because he was threatened by the good job Tony was doing) and the incredibly unprofessional way he handled his dismissal makes Rocco look like a supreme ass. Unfortunately, I think many of us have worked in environments similar to this, have we not, where ego and politics supercede good, honest work.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast