+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony vs Tony vs Rocco

FORT Newbie
    Hey Everyone,

I don't know what to make of this situation. However, it did seems at times that American Tony had his own agenda. Let's not forget the previous episodes when Tony was "Kissing up" to JC and his staff. I was embarrassed for the way Tony was fired but there seems to be a lot more to this story than what was shown on tv. Besides Tony probably ended up in another JC's restaurants.

Deidre

FORT Newbie
    While I think Tony's firing was wrong, I'm not sad to see him go. The guy's an ass. Have you not seen the way he handles the line cooks? Always yelling at them and telling them how worthless they are and stuff. I would want to strangle that guy if he was my boss.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooksmcgee
    While I think Tony's firing was wrong, I'm not sad to see him go. The guy's an ass. Have you not seen the way he handles the line cooks? Always yelling at them and telling them how worthless they are and stuff. I would want to strangle that guy if he was my boss.
    I appreciate your complaint, but I think that is a cook thing. I don't agree with it, but it is a highly pressurized and that's the style the cook's use to get the job done. Army Sargaent style. I don't know enough about those situations to know if that;s the correct system, but I bet it is more common.

In regards to Rocco.............What an [mod edit]. He is too busy to go into his own kitchen, and then he fires the guy who actually is running it.

I forgot about the book signing thing. How arrogant. It would have been bad enough even if he were to give Tony a good review. it's like saying to the employee, "see how important I am, I am sooooooooooooooo busy, I have to sign these books for all my adoring fans."

Rocco semi-celebrity on your way to non-celebrity. He made the appointment. In general he shouldn't be that inconsiderate to someone, but it is especially insulting when he has to fire someone. It sends a signal of how unimportant that person is. Maybe that is the point Schmucko was so threatened by Tony that he tried to passive-agrressively tried to belittle him.

He also tried to blame Tony himself. He could have easily said, ok I am going to go back into the kitchen and there's no room for both of us. Instead he blamed Chatorow and told Tony he had his own agenda.

Don't get me started about how low class and wrong it was to break into Tony's locker. I know it would have been awkward for him to be fired and cleaning it out, but considering the big deal they made out of breaking in his locker......... How low class.

Mama was upsel because everyone assumed JC fired Tony, then when she found out her baby metro-sissy boy fired him she was in favor of it. What a an 80-year-old hypocrite.

You can't put lipstick on a pig, and you can't give class to these Italian immigrant peasants.
    Last edited by John; 06-03-2004 at 02:54 PM.

If people think Tony is bad they should take a gander at Gordon Ramsey.
    He's brutal.

I liked Tony, thought he seemed to be a good guy and generally handled the kitchen pretty well.

The restaurant was just so chaotic to begin with and I think he had to be stern to get the dishes out to the customers within a decent time frame.

I really can't stand Rocco.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Dang! Rocco-idiot fired Tony!!?? And I missed the last three episodes -- darn &*%$#?! NBC! F*&^%! :phhht

I didn't see any advertising about The Restaurant starting back up again -- I already had sworn I wouldn't watch when it did re-start, but I probably would have, after all -- if I had known it was starting up again.Hope Tony got a new, better job.

Guess I'll go read the recaps.

What happened to Italian Tony?
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

Italian Tony had to go back to Italy cause I guess his time in the US was up. Fired Tony got another job with Geoffrey's company at another restaurant.

VitaMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Italian Tony had to go back to Italy cause I guess his time in the US was up. Fired Tony got another job with Geoffrey's company at another restaurant.
    Right you are. Jeffrey does right by his folks. As we've seen, Rocco does not. These two are poles apart in every sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12