+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's right: Rocco or Jeffrey?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tango7
    What awful things has JC done to Mama? And, even though KC is the owner, he said he stayed away for 3 months (didn't hear from Rocco during that period either). It's not like he's been breathing down Rocco's throat. It was hands off until the loss of $$$ mandated that JC step in. I'm not understanding what it is that JC handled so terribly.
    He's putting winning at business ahead of family ties, and that's just not cool. He said last night that they have to get mama on their side. He believes that he has to get control of the restaurant, and the way to do that is to win over the staff. He sees mama as a tool to win over the staff. He said last night ... sent his wife last night to do it ... and is shown going further in the scenes ... that he needs to get mama to side with him rather than her own son. Who in God's name would do such a thing????

And you're right in saying that s the investor, he's right to step in to stop the losses. But I believe he was painfully wrong to wait so long to do it (Chodorow has been hailed in the past for knowing so well when to turn the lights out on a restaurant and not lose any money, so why is his timing off here -- the cameras?) I also think he's going about how to do it all wrong ... as I've explained in previous posts.

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    Business is Business!

Unfortunately, it seems that the fame has really gone to Rocco's head and he really struck me as being extremely immature. Sure, maybe he is a chef, but there are a LOT of good chefs out there (they just don't have their own TV shows). Jeff C. does have a lot on the line with his $$$ investments and it makes me wonder why he waited this long to call Rocco on the carpet about it??? Yeah, probably for the sake of production and added drama...

In REAL reality, serious businessmen who have been on top of this immediately and definitely would not want a bunch of cameras in their faces during meetings???

More things I wonder about, but are insignificant:
    Does Mamma care one way or the other about Linda C's little heart to heart talk?
    Will Jeff C. be calling the help in to say "YOU'RE FIRED!"?
    Will Rocco hook up with Jennifer from the book signing?
    Will Rocco have to send Italian imported Tony back to Italy with the proceeds from his pots and pans sales?
    Will Chef Tony kill Italian imported Tony for getting on his last good nerve? (I picture Chef Tony telling the police, "The Butcher knife went off while I was cleaning it!!!!")
    Will Drew be found in the dumpster out back?
    Will Amanda rifle through the pockets of the coats in the hat check room?

Oh well... I'll keep watching to see how it all goes cuz I can't stand that red headed idiot on CSI Miami!

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde
    Here's one person's opinion: Rocco may be America's sweetheart and a master chef, but doesn't know a thing about managing restaurants.
    Here's mine: He's a boor. As my wife put it while watching "does he EVER shave'? He enjoys having women all over him, despite being engaged. He is never there yet wants to call the shots.

The previews made Jeffrey Chudoroy look like a villian, but after the first episode, I have a new found respect for this guy. He is doing just what any businessman should do: (1) detect problems before it is too late, (2) audit the numbers to identify the root of the problem, and (3) take remedial steps with minimal disruption. Six months into the restaurant, Jeffrey is seeing a $600,000 loss on a $4 million investment in six months (30% annualized loss), examined the numbers, and trying to right the problem areas without scaring out the employees.
    Jeffrey should have been more pro-active in the first place.

Rocco may sulk in his office and call his lawyer, but this is a mess he created, and neither he nor his lawyer has the ability to fix the mess. Not only is he unaware of the magnitude of the problems, he is spending his time in book signings rather than with his customers (many of whom apparantly come to Rocco's to meet him). Business is a cold hard world. There is always a seperation between ownership and management, but if the management can't perform, they are replaced by the owners. Seems like that's the way it is headed here.
    Rocco is (to quote another famous Reality TV person) a punk a$$ bitch. If this is hs first restaurant why does he need an assistant? an assistant.... for a chef?

What is this guy? a rock star?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

More things I wonder about, but are insignificant:
    Does Mamma care one way or the other about Linda C's little heart to heart talk?
    Will Jeff C. be calling the help in to say "YOU'RE FIRED!"?
    Will Rocco hook up with Jennifer from the book signing?
    Will Rocco have to send Italian imported Tony back to Italy with the proceeds from his pots and pans sales?
    Will Chef Tony kill Italian imported Tony for getting on his last good nerve? (I picture Chef Tony telling the police, "The Butcher knife went off while I was cleaning it!!!!")
    Will Drew be found in the dumpster out back?
    Will Amanda rifle through the pockets of the coats in the hat check room?

(Don't know how to do the quote thing right obviously)

LOL That is hilarious! As far as Chef Tony goes though I agree. What cause you are a nice guy and everyone can treat you bad they should? NO!! He takes a lot of crap. What was with that phone call from Rocco. I really didn't get what he was pissed about but it seems to me he is the whipping boy. I sure hope someone else offers to hire him and he can quit. He should be better respected then he is, he keeps that kitchen going and he doesn't lose it like the big baby Rocco.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik

Rocco is (to quote another famous Reality TV person) a punk a$$ bitch. If this is hs first restaurant why does he need an assistant? an assistant.... for a chef?

What is this guy? a rock star?
    It is not his first restaurant. Before Rocco's and The Restaurant, Rocco had (and still has) another restaurant, Union Pacific. He was also a guest host on a Food Channel show (Melting Pot), did various apperances on shows like Today, Letterman, etc, has one cookbook out and another in the works, has the lovely cookware that was featured on the show, and other things. The assistant is for the Rocco "empire", not just Rocco's.

Quote Originally Posted by daysee8
    It is not his first restaurant. Before Rocco's and The Restaurant, Rocco had (and still has) another restaurant, Union Pacific.
    Isn't Union Pacific another Chodorow restaurant?? And Rocco is merely the executive chef there? Not sure, but I thought that's where Rocco and Jeffrey first collaborated.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Union Pacific is actually doin well, despite having lost a rating star within the last few months (2 stars now, versus the recent 0-star rating of Rocco's 22nd).

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    Isn't Union Pacific another Chodorow restaurant?? And Rocco is merely the executive chef there? Not sure, but I thought that's where Rocco and Jeffrey first collaborated.
    No, UP is another for Rocco (like Rocco's) where he is 50% owner as the chef, and not through investing his own money, but his partners in that one are other investors ... not Chodorow. Chodorow and Rocco's first collaboration was in Tuscan. Chodorow already owned the place, it was struggling and he was looking to change things up. He saw Rocco cook on the Today show, liked him, and called him to come in as a consulting chef. Rocco did a good job of turning things around for Chodorow, which led to their partnership in Rocco's.

Bet these days, Jeffrey wishes he'd been watching Good Morning America on that fateful morning ...

Thanks for clearing that up for me John and Daysee!

Personally, I think the only person who is *right* is Topher for getting the hell out of there while he had a chance!!

This is all drama produced by the players(rocco, jeffrey, crew, etc) to make the show more scintilating.

+ Reply to Thread