+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's right: Rocco or Jeffrey?

Question (for anyone):

If Rocco isn't getting a salary, how is he supporting himself? Or is that coming from Mama? I mean, did the guy have money anyway? ....maybe $$$ advance for book....

I can't help but wonder how the guy is even getting money for gas for that motorcycle.

He just doesn't seem that concerned about money, the lack of it, or spending it.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tango7
    Question (for anyone):

If Rocco isn't getting a salary, how is he supporting himself? Or is that coming from Mama? I mean, did the guy have money anyway? ....maybe $$$ advance for book....

I can't help but wonder how the guy is even getting money for gas for that motorcycle.

He just doesn't seem that concerned about money, the lack of it, or spending it.
    The only thing he isn't getting a salary from is Rocco's. He's still getting money from Union Pacific, his cookbook, his cookware, appearances, Mark Burnett ... Rocco's on 22 is not his only job, nor is it his only source of income.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Rocco in the first season was just a total jerk imo..this time, he hasn't changed his behavior. He runs, stomps, huffs and puffs and basically just wants to "look good".

Jeffrey is coming across as a "Godfather" figure. How many times did we have to hear him say he financed it? But the one thing that bothered me most was his little "apprentice" he has tagging along. He even said "he's a kid who is the son of friends of the family..and he's giving him an opportunity." (something like that) I can't remember the kid's name..but he's coming across like a total @sshole. I see him ruining Jeffrey's "upper hand" with the staff (cause the staff does like Jeffrey already) by saying things out of line and walking around as if HE funded the restaurant.

I'm on Jeffrey's side so far though.
    I think he's doing exactly what should be done. Rocco should have told the staff that there are changes that are coming down the pipeline. Instead, he ran off like a whiny jerk and sulked in his office while Jeffery pretty much blindsided the staff with talk of restructuring.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Regular
    If I was $600,000 in the hole I'd be peeved, too.

Chodorow had every right to storm in. Rocco was totally uncooperative, and doesn't understand that the restaurant was losing money.

God.

Quote Originally Posted by daysee8
    I guess my question to this would be WHY did Rocco need to clue his mom in right away? Because she worked there? He didn't tell the rest of the staff. Because she's his mom? We don't know that he told his girlfriend. I agree that she was in the dark, but I'm not really sure I see how that is wrong. The problem that I have is that Chodorow is ruthless enough to see coming between members of a family as an effective way to get what he wants in business.
    Oh, sure, daysee8, I understand the problem with Jeffrey. I've got that problem, too. He's a rolling, platinum S.O.B. in the way he handled this. He might very well do his own mother in if it came to a shoutdown between her and a pile of dead presidents, for all any of us know.

And Mama? Call me screwy, but I do believe that --- and this is just my opinion, mind you --- Rocco should have informed his mother of what was going on, if nobody else. Because she's his mother and she worked there? Sure, if for no other reasons. And not necessesarily right away, either. Also, he could have sought advice from an older, wiser head. He might've learned something about how to treat people, at the very least. But apparently, he was too arrogant and ego-driven.

As a result of Rocco not sitting down and having a heart-to-heart with Mama, he opened the door for Mama to be blindsided by Jeffrey (via Jeffrey's use of his pretty blonde wife). And to top it all off, he left her --- and everybody else in the place, but especially her ---to twist in the wind on her/their own.

Me, I couldn't do that to a mother of mine. As ashamed as I'd be, I'd HAVE to give her a heads-up on what was going on, seek her advice and counsel. I'd respect her that much.

In different ways, both Jeffrey and Rocco were rats to Mama.

That's what was on my mind.
    Last edited by ness; 04-20-2004 at 03:30 PM.

Jeffrey is doing exactly what should be done. Rocco is a chef - and that's it. He has no business skills to run a restaurant, and acts like a prima dona.

But even doing the right thing, I agree that Jeffrey figure is repulsive and is not appropriate for someone in his position. That also goes to the Chodorow master chef (can't recall his name)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Oh, sure, daysee8, I understand the problem with Jeffrey. I've got that problem, too. He's a rolling, platinum S.O.B. in the way he handled this. He might very well do his own mother in if it came to a shoutdown between her and a pile of dead presidents, for all any of us know.

And Mama? Call me screwy, but I do believe that --- and this is just my opinion, mind you --- Rocco should have informed his mother of what was going on, if nobody else. Because she's his mother and she worked there? Sure, if for no other reasons. And not necessesarily right away, either. Also, he could have sought advice from an older, wiser head. He might've learned something about how to treat people, at the very least. But apparently, he was too arrogant and ego-driven.

As a result of Rocco not sitting down and having a heart-to-heart with Mama, he opened the door for Mama to be blindsided by Jeffrey (via Jeffrey's use of his pretty blonde wife). And to top it all off, he left her --- and everybody else in the place, but especially her ---to twist in the wind on her/their own.

Me, I couldn't do that to a mother of mine. As ashamed as I'd be, I'd HAVE to give her a heads-up on what was going on, seek her advice and counsel. I'd respect her that much.

In different ways, both Jeffrey and Rocco were rats to Mama.

That's what was on my mind.
    I can see where you're coming from there. I can agree with that. I'd have to say I think Chodorow was far worse when it comes to Mama, but I can agree with you on how Rocco let her down.

What awful things has JC done to Mama? And, even though KC is the owner, he said he stayed away for 3 months (didn't hear from Rocco during that period either). It's not like he's been breathing down Rocco's throat. It was hands off until the loss of $$$ mandated that JC step in. I'm not understanding what it is that JC handled so terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by daysee8
    I can see where you're coming from there. I can agree with that. I'd have to say I think Chodorow was far worse when it comes to Mama, but I can agree with you on how Rocco let her down.
    Yup. We're on the same page. No doubt Chodorow was worse. But Rocco's no prize, either.

Quote Originally Posted by TivoFan
    Jeffrey is doing exactly what should be done. Rocco is a chef - and that's it. He has no business skills to run a restaurant, and acts like a prima dona.

But even doing the right thing, I agree that Jeffrey figure is repulsive and is not appropriate for someone in his position. That also goes to the Chodorow master chef (can't recall his name)

+ Reply to Thread