+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Mole Of 'The Resturant' *spoilers*

The Mole Of 'The Resturant' *spoilers*

From the NYPOST:

According to the newspaper Drew, a 20-year-old punk know-it-all will be the Resturant's next villian. Drew is a spy for Chodorow (the guy suing Rocco) and plays an intern. He is said to be very clumsy. He almost looses the resturant's liquor licence.

Thats all I could really squeeze out of the article.

This Drew guy seems like a plant. I mean, yes, a lot of businesses hire interns...I myself was once an intern for Dean Witter...but let me tell you this...INTERNS DON'T SOLVE SERIOUS MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS!! They do spreadsheets, paperwork, and general number-crunching. Why would Chodorow hire this 20 year old kid, with no real experience operating/financing a restaurant .. to be a consultant? What does he know? Chodorow has a whole team of experts, why this punk?

To me it all seems like a producer-induced villian!

Let me know what you think..

Oh, and what kind of person comes out and says that he is not going to get along with someone without even meeting them? What a tard.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebber78
    This Drew guy seems like a plant. I mean, yes, a lot of businesses hire interns...I myself was once an intern for Dean Witter...but let me tell you this...INTERNS DON'T SOLVE SERIOUS MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS!! They do spreadsheets, paperwork, and general number-crunching. Why would Chodorow hire this 20 year old kid, with no real experience operating/financing a restaurant .. to be a consultant? What does he know? Chodorow has a whole team of experts, why this punk?

Oh, and what kind of person comes out and says that he is not going to get along with someone without even meeting them? What a tard.
    I could see him being a Burnett planted "character" ... but I could also see Chodorow talking big at a cocktail party saying "Send your kid to work for me, and I'll get him on TV".

Yeah, something smells fishy about this. In fact, a lot about this episode felt staged to me. The first 10 minutes, which was both recap and foreshadowing for the season, looked as if it were rehearsed.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Yeah, something smells fishy about this. In fact, a lot about this episode felt staged to me. The first 10 minutes, which was both recap and foreshadowing for the season, looked as if it were rehearsed.
    I have to admit, the "rehersed" aspect of this show is what has ruined me to some degree on Mark Burnett shows. I still watched every episode of the Apprentice, and loved them. But it was watching the first season of the Restaurant that I first noticed that almost any time he has someone talking, but the camera is not on the speaker, it's a dubbed in voiceover. Once I realized he did that, and saw how often it happens, I spend more time watching his shows trying to figure out what is real and what is memorex that i do just enjoying the show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    On this theme, I noticed a marked difference between the tone of the meeting in the office, and the meeting later in the day at the restaurant. They went over the numbers in the office. Then why was Drew mugging for the camera so much and feigning shock when shown the flowers number at dinner? He'd already seen it.

Chodorow definitely knows how to grandstand just as much as Rocco.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Drew an Intern, NOT!

I agree! The interesting thing about Drew was his unprofessionalism with his remark about not going to be able to get along with Rocco, and his reaction to the budget. To name a few things.

I did read in a New Times review of the show that Rocco kicks Drew out.
    Can't wait for that episode.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

+ Reply to Thread