+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Episode 1 preview: 04/19

Episode 1 preview: 04/19

Episode #1 - Season Premiere
    10pm 2004-04-19 ALL NEW!

It has been six months since we last saw star chef Rocco DiSpirito and it appears that his restaurant is humming with business. But as Rocco's celebrity status rises, the restaurant begins to suffer.

Financier Jeffrey Chodorow claims It has lost over $600,000 since opening, and shows no sign of turning a profit. Determined to right the sinking ship, Jeffrey convenes a meeting of his Corporate Task Force, and lays out his plan to fix the restaurant; including taking direct control of the restaurant from Rocco and sending the Corporate Task Force in to run the day to day operations of the restaurant.

In the course of 24-hours, Rocco's entire world is turned upside down, leaving him reeling, but by no means out of the fight. Unwilling to give up his dream, Rocco places a call to his lawyers; setting the stage for a major showdown between two culinary heavyweights.

TV-PG

After reading a couple of books by Anthony Bourdain, I really have to wonder how Rocco can have his finger in even part of all of these pies and not have any/all of the restaurants suffer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rocco's on 22nd had lost that much money - it didn't look like they were cutting corners anywhere, but the menu was strictly Hooter's-style stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    I wouldn't be surprised if Rocco's on 22nd had lost that much money - it didn't look like they were cutting corners anywhere, but the menu was strictly Hooter's-style stuff.
    You'd be amazed at how fast a restaurant can bleed money. You may trust me on that--my husband and a partner started a restaurant a few years ago and watching The Restaurant gives me anxiety attacks.

I wonder if Rocco fixed the food and staff problems he had from last season.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    In Manhattan, the real estate alone is expensive...he had huge attorney costs for the other resturant almost called Roccos...which tried to get him to change the name...and thanks to the Tv show...it seemed they were sparing no expense to get the place built on time...plus everything was high tech....computerized menus...etc...

Not surprised that the place was in debt....$600,000 may be a bit high....but they started with a 4-6 million budget so its possible......
    Last edited by museumguy; 04-11-2004 at 09:31 PM.

FORT Not-So Newbie
    Run to your local newsstands and pick up todays copy of NEW YORK MAGAZINE.
    http://www.nymetro.com

Rocco and Jeffrey are the cover boys, and the article gives a nice overview of what's been going on since we last tuned in. Poor Rocco...he only wants to be loved! I am so excited about watching this, it scares me...Now that Omarosa's gone I can count on Rocco to fill the void.
    Last edited by tmcm; 04-19-2004 at 05:43 PM. Reason: addition of link

Quote Originally Posted by tmcm
    I am so excited about watching this, it scares me...Now that Omarosa's gone I can count on Rocco to fill the void.
    haha yeah, i kinda worried wat is left to watch with apprentice gone.. tonight's episode certainly promises more drama. can't wait!!!

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The return of "The Restaurant" did only modest business in the 10 p.m. hour for NBC on Monday, while the under-the-knife makeover reality series "The Swan" showed some spunk for Fox.

CBS had an unusually weak showing for an original episode of 9 p.m.'s "Everybody Loves Raymond," but 10 p.m. dynamo "CSI: Miami" was on the money and led the network to the nightly win among both viewers (15.4 million) and adults 18-49 (5.1 rating/14 share).

NBC won the 8 p.m. hour with a repeat of "Fear Factor" (11.9 million, 5.1/15), and the network saw another plucky performance at 9 p.m. from freshman drama "Las Vegas" (11.3 million, 5.0/13). The James Caan (news) starrer nearly matched an original episode of "Raymond" (16.1 million, 5.1/13) in the adults 18-49 demo and nudged ahead of CBS' hot-shot comedy freshman "Two and a Half Men" (14.7 million, 4.8/12) in the 9:30 p.m. half-hour.

Fox was also in the game at 9 p.m. with the third episode of "Swan" (10 million, 4.4/11), which spiked from its lead-in, a repeat of the "American Idol: Uncut" special (8.5 million, 3.4/10).

At 10 p.m., "CSI: Miami" (20.8 million, 7.2/19) ranked as the most-watched show of the night, as usual. NBC's second course of "Restaurant" opened with 6.7 million diners and 3.5/9 in adults 18-49.

ABC had a slow night all around with its 8-11 p.m. airing of the 2000 Harrison Ford (news)-Michelle Pfeiffer (news) thriller "What Lies Beneath" (6.4 million, 1.9/5). NBC ran second for the night behind CBS with 9.9 million viewers and 4.5/12 in adults 18-49.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ion_ratings_dc
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread