+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nicolina "Mama" DiSpirito, Executive Chef

Rocco shamed his Mama

:nono Rocco really left Mama in a difficult position last night when he did not show up for the staff meeting. Mama wasn't so mad at Jeffrey as embarrassed that her son left her out to swing in the wind. Rocco has done some shameless things , but this is reprehensible to treat his mother in this way.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by queeny
    :nono Rocco really left Mama in a difficult position last night when he did not show up for the staff meeting. Mama wasn't so mad at Jeffrey as embarrassed that her son left her out to swing in the wind. Rocco has done some shameless things , but this is reprehensible to treat his mother in this way.
    Obviously, things are done in editing that do not reflect the facts. But IF Rocco was really not at the meeting because he was at CIA (rather than not there because he was at a book signing, party, pouting in his office, etc) the Jeffery would have known ahead of time that Rocco was not going to be there. So, did he schedule the meeting BECAUSE Rocco wouldn't be there? If so, then it shows that Jeffery is a manipulative jerk. Doesn't say much bad about Rocco if he was simply keeping a previously arranged appointment.

I agree with the editing....we see only what they want us to know, but didn't Rocco say to JC after talking to Mama that he wanted to get past the misunderstandings and work together. I got the impression that Rocco and JC together were going to show a united front for the staff of Rocco's. Your right though, because Rocco could have said to JC "but I can't be at the meeting tomorrow night because I'm going to be at CIA checking out a graduating chef to come to the restaurant." That conversation could have happened. But why are TPTB trying to make the star of the show look so difficult, uncooperative and self centered.

Quote Originally Posted by daysee8
    Obviously, things are done in editing that do not reflect the facts. But IF Rocco was really not at the meeting because he was at CIA (rather than not there because he was at a book signing, party, pouting in his office, etc) the Jeffery would have known ahead of time that Rocco was not going to be there. So, did he schedule the meeting BECAUSE Rocco wouldn't be there? If so, then it shows that Jeffery is a manipulative jerk. Doesn't say much bad about Rocco if he was simply keeping a previously arranged appointment.
    The only thing I can see is that they agreed to show a united face before the staff. The problem is that I didn't see anyone say when.

Of course, in my head this would be happening ASAP.
    Also in my head would be the desire to confirm when this was to happen, i.e. to clear it in my schedule.

I find it odd how Momma was there at the staff meeting, talked with Rocco about it, and Rocco did....... nothing? Didn't call JC?

Sometimes I really think Rocco doesn't care about anything but Rocco. I guess he figures, that if push came to shove, he could always walk away. What would that to to how Momma feels about him though.

Its ironic that both JC and Rocco have cell phones, but don't seem to use them to communicate in any real way.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    The only thing I can see is that they agreed to show a united face before the staff. The problem is that I didn't see anyone say when.

Of course, in my head this would be happening ASAP.
    Also in my head would be the desire to confirm when this was to happen, i.e. to clear it in my schedule.

I find it odd how Momma was there at the staff meeting, talked with Rocco about it, and Rocco did....... nothing? Didn't call JC?

Sometimes I really think Rocco doesn't care about anything but Rocco. I guess he figures, that if push came to shove, he could always walk away. What would that to to how Momma feels about him though.

Its ironic that both JC and Rocco have cell phones, but don't seem to use them to communicate in any real way.
    I think that your time line is a bit off. Mama talked to Rocco about the whole thing BEFORE the decision to talk to the staff was made. It was her talking that prompted Rocco to call Jeffery (something I give him credit for ... Jeffery never did it). Then they agreed to talk to the staff, as you said they never set a time, and then Jeffery met with the staff, claiming Rocco blew it off. We have no way of knowing if Rocco really blew it off, or if Jeffery purposely came in when he knew Rocco wouldn't be there in order to make it appear that Rocco blew it off.

What I like about Mama is that she is a straight forward person. They should have a "spicy" Mama receipe on the menu!

she's a bi-ch whose outlived her welcome on this planet!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Don't hold back whatcha think decan.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

mean, mean,Mama.

I wouldn't mess with Mama, she scares me .
    If I were Jeffrey , he better invest in a little necklace of garlic, and a big stick to poke out Mama's evil eye .
    If she wants to hold the title of Excutive chef, I won't argue.(I'll be hiding behind Decan )

you know i said that with tongue in cheek right? .....well maybe not, you couldn't see my handsome face anyhow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123