+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rocco DiSpirito

Rocco DiSpirito

[IMG]images/img/the_restaurant.jpg[/IMG]

From NBC

Named one of the “10 Best New Chefs” in the United States by the editors of Food & Wine, triumphant and trend-setting chef Rocco DiSpirito has turned heads in the American culinary community with the success of the Manhattan eatery Union Pacific. More recently, he helped revamp a classic midtown restaurant Tuscan with a menu highlighted with classics from his native Italy. Now he will use the same critically acclaimed skill and technique to open and operate New York City’s newest restaurant in conjunction with the new NBC unscripted drama “The Restaurant.”

Executive produced by Mark Burnett (“Survivor”), Ben Silverman and Robert Riesenberg, the six episode, one-hour series will run in summer of 2003 on the NBC Television Network and follow DiSpirito – one of People magazine’s “Sexiest Men Alive” – and his staff as Rocco embarks on a journey to create, launch and operate his own ultra-chic eating establishment. Unlike other reality programming, “The Restaurant” will be the first dramatic series that caters to the viewing public where fans can actually visit the eatery and have the staff welcome them for a truly unforgettable night on the town.

A first generation Italian-American chef, DiSpirito’s culinary talent can be found in his family and traced to his love affair with food since age eleven. After graduating from Boston University, his acceptance into the esteemed Culinary Institute of America soon followed. He then made a pilgrimage to France, where he cooked under Dominique Cecillon at Jardin de Cygne, and learned from a handful of New York’s most prominent master chefs including David Bouley, Charles Palmer, Gray Kunz and the late Gilbert Le Coze.

While he learned the craft of cooking in those kitchens, DiSpirito’s signature style was born of pure, unbridled imagination and passion for his work. DiSpirito is one of the few chefs that comes along who is blessed with the ability to imagine food differently than anyone who has gone before him. His cuisine is described by New York magazine’s Gael Greene as ringing with “poetry.” The New York Times exclaimed that his dishes “can provoke moans of pleasure” and Ruth Reichl reviews, “Mr. DiSpirito has an interesting mind; he seems to think about flavor in ways that ordinary people don’t.”

In 2000, Gourmet magazine dubbed him “America’s most exciting young chef.” And since Union Pacific’s opening almost six years ago, the restaurant has received three star reviews from The New York Times and The New York Observer.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I wonder if he even watched the last set of shows and realized how clueless he came across as a boss, knowing what was going on in his establishment, instead of flirting with all the babes.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Rocco is a classic example of why the best chefs pay some one to run there resturants and stay in the kitchen.....sous chefs kinda think there bosses are asses, waiters expect more or they walk......

Rocco's forehead

Okay, you can't imagine how stupid I feel typing that title and even wondering about this but:
    Does Rocco look like he's had a serious session at a Botox party? His face seems so strangely....balloon-like - it doesn't have any lines any more. And is totally immobile

I have never understood why others think he's attractive. Don't know anything about botox, but how funny if it's true!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Ugh, I can sum up my feelings about this guy in two words:

Puh Leese.

There's a million chefs in NYC. Some of them are attractive. Mark Burnett has to pick one that wants to be the Vampire Lestat.

Back in College, I had a teacher that lectured "An Artist should not have an Ego". That seems to be the only thing Rocco has.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Rocci DiMEANito

This is my very first post on this forum. I am not a huge TV watcher but when I do, I watch some of the reality shows. I really have been getting a huge kick out of this website. The comments are very witty and very enjoyable to read. I agree with alot of what is being said.

Rocco is a major huge pain in the butt. I keep wondering if this guy is FOR REAL...and that whole idea of him having a girlfriend makes me shutter. This guy clearly is a wanna be ladies man. Who, in their right mind, would want to even date him...especially after seeing him grope that girl's thighs on the last run of the show??!!! Shameful! Betcha Mama was not pleased when she saw that little piece of blankity blank that Rocco was trying to get.

There is no REASON to act the way Rocco does. He is cute...a tiny bit cute...but gorgeous...no way! He is cute..like a little puppy is cute BUT not SEXXXY...His skin is so pale, it looks like a lump of bread dough he would work with! Maybe I would cut him some slack if he was nice, but hes not, so I dont!

One person I want to see on this show is Pete. Is it just me or is that guy totally funny? The Prime Minister of Plates thing had me cracking up last time. Hilarious.

Oh yeah...

Does anyway else think that Rocco looks a little like Julian Lennon? YIKES!

Rocco sex appeal

I hestitate to post this lest it attract squealing teenage girls who will follow up with comments like, "Omigod, Rocco's 2 cute!!!!!!"
    But I'll take the risk.
    Almost every woman I talk to who watches The Restaurant lusts after Rocco.
    My 35-year-old sister, who has never been the type to go for guys just because of their looks, said last night: "I don't care if he's an asshole, I want to rip his clothes off. He's just so edible."
    The consensus is that beyond his celebrity, the chef-with-arrested-development has a sensual charm that draws women.
    And yeah, I'd do him.
    So what's everyone else's take? I'm I drawing from a skewed sample or does Rocco indeed have a certain something?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I hestitate to post this lest it attract squealing teenage girls who will follow up with comments like, "Omigod, Rocco's 2 cute!!!!!!"
    But I'll take the risk.
    Almost every woman I talk to who watches The Restaurant lusts after Rocco.
    My 35-year-old sister, who has never been the type to go for guys just because of their looks, said last night: "I don't care if he's an asshole, I want to rip his clothes off. He's just so edible."
    The consensus is that beyond his celebrity, the chef-with-arrested-development has a sensual charm that draws women.
    And yeah, I'd do him.
    So what's everyone else's take? I'm I drawing from a skewed sample or does Rocco indeed have a certain something?
    I can only speak for myself (Truly, because I have friends who TOTALLY disagree with me and don't find him attractive in the slightest) but I definitely see the appeal in Rocco. He's not this mix of boyish cutness and handsome something that makes him very appealing. Of course, any fantasy I'd have about him requires TOTAL imagination on my part in changing his personality completely. Look wise, he's got a lot of appeal. But you throw in the personality, and he gets ugly fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast