+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rocco DiSpirito

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Rocco doesn't appeal to me on any level.
    I don't find him physically attractive and his spoiled brat personality is a complete turnoff.
    His personality is really what does him in.

Just had to pop in here and say I heard a snippet of him on the radio today (an old clip apparently) and he was completely unpoised and self-absorbed. As per usual. This is what makes him unattractive.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Rocco looking like Thom?? I don't see it. I find Thom a devastatingly handsome man, while Rocco to me has all the appeal of a dustbunny.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Newbie

Rocco In Bed

You have to be kidding me! What was that all about? I think that there would be more going on between Rocco and Toffer, the guy from the first episode.

FORT Newbie

Rocco's personality

My husband has worked with many chefs in his career (he's a purchasing agent) and when I complained about Rocco being arrogant or self-absorbed, he said that all head chefs are like that. Why? Because when you are a chef, there are usually several people under you who are actually better cooks. The only way to climb to the top and maintain respect is to give the illusion that you are the best and somehow more important than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennijac
    My husband has worked with many chefs in his career (he's a purchasing agent) and when I complained about Rocco being arrogant or self-absorbed, he said that all head chefs are like that. Why? Because when you are a chef, there are usually several people under you who are actually better cooks. The only way to climb to the top and maintain respect is to give the illusion that you are the best and somehow more important than the others.
    hehe that's funny because the potential replacement "Ralph" guy is probably alot better cook than Rocco.... at least Ralph knows how to cook meatballs himself rather than relying on his own mother to do the cooking every time

Jennijac- your husband is completely right about chef Rocco la Diva.

Are there only women on this board?

Sorry - I had to ask

I linked to this site after the first episode to get other folks opinion on the show, as a person who spent a lot of time in the service industry, and also as a newyorker (although displaced at the moment), and as a fan of "reality workplace drama"

I checked out most of the threads - ( the one re the idiot intern is what I most wanted to see)
    But this thread is great! - shouldve been called "Do you think Rocco is cute?" - then I would have know where I was going ; )

Quote Originally Posted by whirly711
    Sorry - I had to ask

I linked to this site after the first episode to get other folks opinion on the show, as a person who spent a lot of time in the service industry, and also as a newyorker (although displaced at the moment), and as a fan of "reality workplace drama"

I checked out most of the threads - ( the one re the idiot intern is what I most wanted to see)
    But this thread is great! - shouldve been called "Do you think Rocco is cute?" - then I would have know where I was going ; )
    Very funny.... and for the record, my grandmother with her mustashe is prettier than Rocco

Quote Originally Posted by whirly711
    Sorry - I had to ask

There are men, but mostly we don't care if the guy is hot or not.

I care what he does in the kitchen actually.... What, he doesn't cook? whats the point then?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Newbie
    I didn't watch the first Restaurant show. I'll have to admit, I have been taken aback by what a jerk he seems to be. Is this editing or is this guy completely and totally arrogant??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast