+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: he owns other restaurants...why the stupid act

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by belle90
    Rocco owns 2 other restaurants. It seems like this is his first time opening one. Or maybe he just looks stupid on camera. Dont get me wrong I luv rocco! He schould be out on the floor doing his rounds. its his restaurant. At some point or another he wont even be at the resataurant 24/7. So its good to let the customers see him and such before he decides it can run pretty much with out him. I work in a resataurant thats own by a guy in his 30's. He was there 24/7 for like a month then hed pop in every other week or so. Roccos bringing in more customers by chillin with the girls and guys. Its all good.
    Actually, "owners" and "investors" are the same thing. Rocco is not the "owner" of Rocco's 22nd. He has an investment ownership share in the restaurant, I believe to be about 50%. He has a hand in other restaurants, much of which was given to him just so they can keep him there drumming up publicity. If you are a good enough chef, the "owner" will give you a cut of the action, and thus they would be an "owner" too. Confusing? Basically, he is not the Executive Chef of the restaurant, nor is he the Matre' d. He is to Rocco's 22nd what Robert Deniro is to his restaurants--the concept man, money man, and the publicity front.

FORT Fogey
    Rocco earned his degree in "Hospitality Administration" from Boston University.

Interestingly enough, he tried to pitch his the idea for the series to Food Network FIVE years ago, and they turned him down. It wasn't until he hooked up with Mark Burnett that the show got sold to NBC and I think Burnett's name had a lot more to do with it than Rocco's.

FORT Newbie
    Caligirl,

That is interesting info. How do you know this?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by tvfreaky
    Caligirl,

That is interesting info. How do you know this?
    I did extensive research into Rocco DiSpirito's background and credentials. This information was from several reliable sources.

FORT Newbie
    Cool. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12