+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: “The Final Curtain” - The Restaurant Recap – Episode 6

Quote Originally Posted by universible
    ....Ok...I'm shocked that the guy didn't get really really ticked off when Rocco offered free food to him for having sex with his bride. That is below disgusting, and would have most certainly got Rocco a deal pushing dentures for his next show...if it had been me....what a friggen idiot...

>>>>>I thought that was very rude and tasteless. I bet if his Momma was there, he would have either gotten his ear pulled or talked to later.

Not only is he a tasteless womanizer...let's see, he's also appears to be a homophobe...yippee! Yeah for NBC! Hey, they actually showed a show taking place in NYC with more than just social elite whitebread folks.

>>>>>When was he homophobic? I missed that part.

........Only people I liked were Laurent, and Gideon...who both seemed to handle themselves quite respectfully...though who knows, maybe it was all in the editiing......
    >>>>>I liked Topher (good luck to him), Gideon, but not his pal (the comedian guy who, IMO, is not good to deal with the public, especially when he is stressed).

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I really enjoyed "Jamie's Kitchen" much more than I did "The Restaurant." Jamie actually taught them how to cook a little and cared about his staff. Too bad Rocco didn't show a little more humanity towards his staff.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    I really enjoyed "Jamie's Kitchen" much more than I did "The Restaurant." Jamie actually taught them how to cook a little and cared about his staff. Too bad Rocco didn't show a little more humanity towards his staff.
    I really don't know how you can compare the two. While the core premise of the two shows may have been similair, the production value and target audience were COMPLETELY different. Jamie's Kitchen was made to show a chef teaching cooks the inner workings ofa kitchen. The Restaurant was made to entertain people, and tell stories that happened in a restaurant. If you walk away from either one saying "This is how Rocco really is" or "This is how Jamie really is" then I've got some swampland to sell to you.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daysee8
    I really don't know how you can compare the two. While the core premise of the two shows may have been similair, the production value and target audience were COMPLETELY different. Jamie's Kitchen was made to show a chef teaching cooks the inner workings ofa kitchen. The Restaurant was made to entertain people, and tell stories that happened in a restaurant. If you walk away from either one saying "This is how Rocco really is" or "This is how Jamie really is" then I've got some swampland to sell to you.
    I didn't say that this is how either one of them really is. They were both shown opening restaurants. If you remember, one of the main complaints the chefs in Rocco's kitchen was that Rocco seldom taught them anything. Jamie did take the time to teach his staff (I'll admit he had to as they were not trained chefs) but Rocco was too busy with his publicity stunts. That was the basis of my remarks.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

I agree with the comment about Rocco joking about having sex with the guy's new fiancee'.

It was a hideous joke - people who joke like that in my life get dealt with severely.

That was about the 6th time that Rocco has been a total a$$ with regards to sex and himself.

moron

I think he was raised in a cage and let out when he was 21.
    His Momma should be ashamed of him.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    I didn't say that this is how either one of them really is. They were both shown opening restaurants. If you remember, one of the main complaints the chefs in Rocco's kitchen was that Rocco seldom taught them anything. Jamie did take the time to teach his staff (I'll admit he had to as they were not trained chefs) but Rocco was too busy with his publicity stunts. That was the basis of my remarks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234