+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “The Final Curtain” - The Restaurant Recap – Episode 6

There's no question in my mind that the producers "plant" certain customers and this episode was the most obvious.

That kid was a genuine pain. With his father's evident encouragement, he's going to grow up to be one of those creepy, obnoxious loung lizards. Guess the parents thought this would be a nice spotlight for mini-Rocco but I'll bet the kid doesn't get another acting job.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    That kid was a horrible actor and was an obvious plant. He seemed to be reading his lines from a teleprompter and was not a good reader at that.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    That kid was a horrible actor and was an obvious plant. He seemed to be reading his lines from a teleprompter and was not a good reader at that.
    He showed all the emotion of a robot!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    CG, great job. I missed the show, but reading your recap, I don't feel like I missed a thing.

Some of my favorite lines:

Her credentials also have something to do with her derriere, but I am too much of a lady to elaborate on that “ass”pect.

Laurent is silent as a Trappist Monk as Rocco further directs Pete to “Say hello to your new colleagues” who don’t speak any English.

While Holly stage whispers endearments like “Now I can get fat” and he says, “You’re stuck with me,” we hear shouts of “Work it” and YES, the ever popular, “You go, girl!”

Rocco tastefully responds that they get “free meals only if you let the chef sleep with your wife.”

FORT Newbie
    Cool recap...wish I had just read it, instead of watched the whole show

Ok...I'm shocked that the guy didn't get really really ticked off when Rocco offered free food to him for having sex with his bride. That is below disgusting, and would have most certainly got Rocco a deal pushing dentures for his next show...if it had been me....what a friggen idiot...

Not only is he a tasteless womanizer...let's see, he's also appears to be a homophobe...yippee! Yeah for NBC! Hey, they actually showed a show taking place in NYC with more than just social elite whitebread folks.

Anyhow...that's the first reality show that actually made me and wish I could get my 6 hours (or whatever) back.

Only people I liked were Laurent, and Gideon...who both seemed to handle themselves quite respectfully...though who knows, maybe it was all in the editiing. In which case, screw the producers!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by universible
    Cool recap...wish I had just read it, instead of watched the whole show

Ok...I'm shocked that the guy didn't get really really ticked off when Rocco offered free food to him for having sex with his bride. That is below disgusting, and would have most certainly got Rocco a deal pushing dentures for his next show...if it had been me....what a friggen idiot...

Not only is he a tasteless womanizer...let's see, he's also appears to be a homophobe...yippee! Yeah for NBC! Hey, they actually showed a show taking place in NYC with more than just social elite whitebread folks.

Anyhow...that's the first reality show that actually made me and wish I could get my 6 hours (or whatever) back.

Only people I liked were Laurent, and Gideon...who both seemed to handle themselves quite respectfully...though who knows, maybe it was all in the editiing. In which case, screw the producers!
    Great post, universible.

We see eye-to-eye on almost everything -- the notable exception being Gideon who didn't come off all that well when he snuck in a quickie with Carrie in the guest bathroom. What the hell kind of behavior is that?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    CG, great job. I missed the show, but reading your recap, I don't feel like I missed a thing.

Some of my favorite lines:
    Thank you, Wayner - major props coming from you!

FORT Newbie

Scripted dribble

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Great post, universible.

We see eye-to-eye on almost everything -- the notable exception being Gideon who didn't come off all that well when he snuck in a quickie with Carrie in the guest bathroom. What the hell kind of behavior is that?
    That was NBC making a call and saying "we know your an actor Gideon so come on into the show and we'll do this whole sex thing so we can give this anemic show a storyline". If that wasnt staged and fake enough, notice another "couple" walked in behind them. Yawn.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Clark
    That was NBC making a call and saying "we know your an actor Gideon so come on into the show and we'll do this whole sex thing so we can give this anemic show a storyline". If that wasnt staged and fake enough, notice another "couple" walked in behind them. Yawn.
    The thing that turned me off to that whole storyline the most was Gideon readily admitting that they let the camera crew follow them home and film them going at it later on ... can we say camera whore? Is NBC's next reality show going to be "Anything for Camera Time" starring Gideon?

Exactly Cali

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Thanks, Krom! Just got done with the final tweaking.
    Great recap. Your are exactly on target. Rocco needs to get straight. I think he's looking for a role in the soaps.

P.S. Would you do you awesome recaps for Ms. Trista's :stupid :stupid (I'm the Queen of Greed, Give me everything free) Wedddddddddding of the century all in pink I'm sure.

This will be a very good discussion. :

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast