+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “The Final Curtain” - The Restaurant Recap – Episode 6

Fabulous recap, Caligirl!

Heather said, Mirror, mirror...
    On the wall...
    Who is the hottest female working at Rocco's?

The mirror replied, Miss Lola Belle!

On Hiatus
    Nice job, but you already know that. I think there are more fans of your recap than the actual show (count me in that group.)

Can someone track down that little kid and send him to military school? He's totally going to be an idiot schmooze who tramples women (or men, I won't assume... ) when he grows up. Boy, and I'll bet his classmates HATE him.

Lastly, can someone tell me how to surgically remove the stupid Restaurant Theme Song from my head? I can't get it out of there...even woke up in the middle of the night humming it. Argh!
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Thanks, CaliGirl, for your consistently excellent writing & brilliant wit.

I could never seem to catch The Restaurant, save for the Premiere, but I always knew I could rely on your recaps--which I'm sure were vastly superior and more entertaining to the actual show anyway.

Bravissima! Now relax, and take some well-deserved R&R yourself!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=YCan'tAngieRead]

Can someone track down that little kid and send him to military school? He's totally going to be an idiot schmooze who tramples women (or men, I won't assume... ) when he grows up. Boy, and I'll bet his classmates HATE him.

QUOTE]
    I guess they couldn't find a better child actor to play the role of a customer. The kid reminded me of someone......hmmmm...ego-centric behavior, lewd and inappropriate remarks to women...hmmm, who am I thinking of??

This was, by far, the best scriped UNreality tv show ever! After all, every restaurant staff in Manhattan is offered a catered lobster buffet in the Hamptons paid for by NBC and Coors as an excuse to get a girl to wear a thong on tv.

There is speculation as to whether Rocco is now contrite after realizing that he’s been such a jerk, or whether it’s a good tax write off. My guess is that it’s just another excuse to show ice chests full of the lousiest beer ever produced, Coors Light.

Rocco quickly says that it was Laurent’s idea and not his. Rocco out slicks slick Willie.

I bet you’re also proud that he learned all of your cheesy pick up lines, aren't you, dad? While they are deliberating over their orders, Frankie wants to discuss the merits of ordering rabbit directly with Rocco. Now the waitress is relegated to the status of chopped liver, and he needs to confer with the chef because this is a life altering decision.

Finally, just when I thought we would never see her again, Mama appears and blesses the minions. She looks like an aged prize fighter in her sweats.
    Great job
    "That's Numberwang!"

that obnoxious kid

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Great job
    scary but true: Frankie used to be a regular on the Rosie O'Donnell show. Man, his 15 minutes are UP!
    great recap. My 'favorite' moment was when one of the other cooks asked Perry if he wanted to go out for Coors Light and Perry, God bless 'im, said "No."

Great recap!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    A family with quite a few kids is seated and the standout obnoxious kid is 10-year old Frankie who immediately starts hitting on the waitress. He tells her that her hair is beautiful and she is adorable as his beaming Dad says that his son is “ten going on thirty-five.” I bet you’re also proud that he learned all of your cheesy pick up lines, aren't you, dad? While they are deliberating over their orders, Frankie wants to discuss the merits of ordering rabbit directly with Rocco. Now the waitress is relegated to the status of chopped liver, and he needs to confer with the chef because this is a life altering decision.
    That kid had some serious issues I thought it was cute when he made the comment about her eyes having the burning instensity of a thousand suns, just because that line has always cracked me up. Other than that he was a creep.

A party of revelers arrives to celebrate their girl Angelique’s birthday. Their lucky server is Lonn. Either these women have had many drinks before their arrival, or they are 180 degrees removed from being shy.

At a neighboring table the stage is set for a guy who is going to propose to his girl. This is the most contrived shtick yet. It is so obvious that the people involved have been coached, but like all amateurs who think acting is easy, they are terrible at it. The girl, Holly, excuses herself to go to the bathroom while her boyfriend admits that he has been feeling sick all day just thinking about proposing to her. Did you ever hear of listening to your “gut feelings, huh?” Holly returns and asks him why he’s acting so weird. He, in return asks her if she loves him more than she loves shrimp. She is just staring dumbfounded as he asks her if she “wants” him, and does she “love” him. She says not a word in response. This could go horribly wrong. Sure enough, he says he has something to tell her – he doesn’t like shrimp! Say what, fool?
    No comment on these guys

Rocco makes his rounds and congratulates the newly engaged couple and says to Holly that this is the third proposal in the restaurant, but she has the best ring. Don’t let the other two see this show, please. Bantering continues between Holly and Rocco. He tells her that now they have to come back to Rocco’s to celebrate every important event in their lives and when she asks if this is going to be on the house, Rocco tastefully responds that they get “free meals only if you let the chef sleep with your wife.”
    Idiot Rocco

A charming family scene with Laurent, his wife and two kids gives us momentary respite. He and his older son are flying a kite and it’s very sweet to see him this way.
    Sweetest scene in the whole episode (probably the whole season)

FORT Newbie
    Great recap CaliGirl. It was much better than this episode, which was kind of a dud IMO. Could the already obnoxious people get even more obnoxious? They even topped themselves. Never having to see Pete again makes my night. Glad you told us Gideon and Carrie were in the bathroom. I thought I heard Gideon say something about not sending anyone to 'number three' seeming to mean that he and Carrie were going there for a quick bump and tickle. When they went to a room, I began to wonder if Rocco had a whole other business running with bedrooms on the side. Rocco's whore house anyone? Thank goodness it was the bathroom.

Do you have a clue what was going on with the PR guy and Heather at the end? He was trying to call her for something. She was deleting calls for some reason. And then he asked Lauren out for a cocktail. It was all a bit vague and left me scratching my head. It would have made more sense to me if he had asked Lauren out which made Heather mad so she deleted his calls when he called. As it was, I'm not sure what we were supposed to make of it.

All and all, I was not impressed with this episode either. At least with the previous ones, I was never bored.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by marella
    Do you have a clue what was going on with the PR guy and Heather at the end? He was trying to call her for something. She was deleting calls for some reason. And then he asked Lauren out for a cocktail. It was all a bit vague and left me scratching my head. It would have made more sense to me if he had asked Lauren out which made Heather mad so she deleted his calls when he called. As it was, I'm not sure what we were supposed to make of it.
    My impression of the Matt/Heather call and the resulting "deletes" on her phone was to further tarnish her image - as if that was even necessary. Other than that, I see no significance in this strange scene which didn't even seem to belong anywhere except as a time-filler.

FORT Fogey
    Once again a big shoutout to all you wonderful posters and thank you for your posts.

To: DD, mimi, SFG, Leo, fluff, duplessis, Tracker, Maji, YCan'tAngieRead (great name), marella, breathless, nlmcp, elf girl, generic wife, Krom, and Sharon.

I hope you will stick around for the next HUGE BIG HIT SHOW which I plan on recapping.

Stay tuned!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast