+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TGIts Over

FORT Newbie
    Highly contrived...but entertaining. I hated the last episode. It was over the top. That kid was annoying and rude. His parents should be smacked. Gideon missing the bus, totally predictable and obviously staged. The new waitress fighting with the bitchy bartender was annoying. Could we find more of a reason to show off her butt in a bathing suit? That phone call business at the end was confusing and stupid.

The Real Thing
    Never grabbed any boob that was attached to Lauren and what's wrong with getting manicures. Would TV really be interesting if we were all nice and did all the right things. I am a huge flirt, Lauren is really cute, and I work with Rocco. Nuff said!

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzay
    Never grabbed any boob that was attached to Lauren
    That's ashame.

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    i never thought any of it was contrived until the really horrible acting of the final episode kicked in!

I thought I recognized that little boy! So what movie has he been in? It's driving me crazy trying to think of where I've seen him.

FORT Newbie
    i noe hes been on tv before i think it was the rosie o donnell show or shoe or somethin

That stupid little kid bugged the hell out of me. Of course he is an actor. His parents probably get all of his money...thats why they don't reprimand him for being such a little shit in public.

Zach from PH is probably that kids hero. And the Dad's
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Well, as I have said since episode 1, what a waste of a great concept. I was jumped all over for saying it so I just went away with a few daffy duck incidents screaming about Gideon and his fabrications. Did anyone notice that there was no cast on Gideon as he was running after the bus? The broken arm sure healed quick - 3 weeks, that has to be an all time record!

So was the kid really Laurent's son or was that some sort of fake family? Also, if they were going to be so blatant with the product placement, I would have rather had them do it Wayne's World style.

Probably the saddest part of it all is knowing that Zenial really loved that place and got screwed over... watching him make that speech at the end just made me feel his plight even more. Rocco pretty much screwed over 95% of the staff. If I were Uzay (and I know you can hear me!) than I would watch my back with Rocco, he likes to place blame and fire people to make himself feel better, that is the worst type of manager ever. Uzay seems like he has a bright future, I have visited his website and he is a talented guy. Laurent is the type of guy that I would want working for me. The rest.... well... I digress.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

The Real Thing

Thanks

Well, Stebo, thanks for the kind words. I Rocco has very little to do with the management of the restaurant. It's all Laurent these days. Things are going just fine at Rocco's now and we are very busy every night. It's fun to meet the people who watch the show and want to come in and meet us. Makes for a very interesting work environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzay
    Well, Stebo, thanks for the kind words. I Rocco has very little to do with the management of the restaurant. It's all Laurent these days. Things are going just fine at Rocco's now and we are very busy every night. It's fun to meet the people who watch the show and want to come in and meet us. Makes for a very interesting work environment.
    I am glad that it is working out for you. You seem to be a very sincere person and were a bright spot on the show for me. Hope to see you next summer when the Restaurant comes back for the one year anniversary. So will it be another 6 episode thing next summer? I also saw that Bravo is going to break down the episodes to 14 half hour episodes, I am guessing that they will be adding some new stuff as well. Hopefully we can see some more Uzay and less Rocco. Laurent is a good guy, isn't he? I would say that the show came through for him as well. They were playing him as the "bad French guy" at first but after the staged talk on the street, they let us see that he is just a super nice guy. He is the type of guy that I would want going to bat for me.

Now that it is all over... could you tell us the 10 employees that are left there? From what I can tell, they are:

Rocco, Uzay, the big host guy that sings (forgot his name), Laurent, Carrie, Lola, and momma (whom Giddeon likes to insult by calling her "Yoda" on his site - classy fella, huh?)... I am going to guess that the Expo is still there... that would be 8... I read in an article that there were 10 left over, did I get those 8 right and who would be the other two? That goth looking guy make it through?
    Last edited by stebo; 08-27-2003 at 01:30 AM.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast