+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TGIts Over

FORT Fan
    It's over and I'm glad. It started out with so much promise...and ended badly...like a bad date.

The only people that I liked better at the end were Uzay and Laurent.

Quote Originally Posted by Marysafan
    It's over and I'm glad. It started out with so much promise...and ended badly...like a bad date.

The only people that I liked better at the end were Uzay and Laurent.
    Really? I like Uzay to begin with, but he was so sleazy in the last show. The way that he was oozing all over the new waitress. And at the Hamptons when there were several of the guys trying to pick her up, he was grabbing her boob.

I must admit that Pete got on my nerves all the way through, but after he got moved down to the dish-washing area I started to like him. He made the best out of what was dealt to him. (and seemed to do a good job of it...better than me...I'd have "accidently" broke a lot of plates)

FORT Regular
    [QUOTE=veggiegirl]Really? I like Uzay to begin with, but he was so sleazy in the last show. The way that he was oozing all over the new waitress. And at the Hamptons when there were several of the guys trying to pick her up, he was grabbing her boob.
    QUOTE]

I had the show on tape, and that scene (grabbing new girl on the beach) caught my eye enough that I went back to check it again ... the hand on her boob was either her hand, or Uzay has absolutely beautiful nails and I'd love to know where he gets his manicures, and what kind of nail polish he recommends.

[QUOTE=daysee8]
    Quote Originally Posted by veggiegirl
    Really? I like Uzay to begin with, but he was so sleazy in the last show. The way that he was oozing all over the new waitress. And at the Hamptons when there were several of the guys trying to pick her up, he was grabbing her boob.
    QUOTE]

I had the show on tape, and that scene (grabbing new girl on the beach) caught my eye enough that I went back to check it again ... the hand on her boob was either her hand, or Uzay has absolutely beautiful nails and I'd love to know where he gets his manicures, and what kind of nail polish he recommends.
    LOL. I probably should start taping stuff and rewatching it, or get a bigger tv. I take back the part about saying he was sleazy for that.

Quote Originally Posted by veggiegirl
    I must admit that Pete got on my nerves all the way through, but after he got moved down to the dish-washing area I started to like him. He made the best out of what was dealt to him. (and seemed to do a good job of it...better than me...I'd have "accidently" broke a lot of plates)
    You like the way he was patronizing to the guys who normally work down there by taking over and acting like he was in charge? The way he used it as yet another opportunity to act like a retard and get on camera a bit more? Or the way it was all tweaked to give him an appearance of "redemption" before the end of the show?

FORT Fan
    Btw, if the little kid in the finale seemed a bit too good to be true, you may recognize him from his appearances on the big screen as h e is a professional actor who has been in movies.

FORT Fan
    That guy was the slimy publicist (who knew there were even straight male pu blicists in the entertainment world - thats a new one to me having worked as a publicist in TV) Anyway it just was idiotic and just showed the most contrived part of the show... Do you think all of that just happened naturally with the camera there. Um... no - not even fans of the show could be that stupid... It really didnt make much sense given the whole format of the show and the fact the publicist hadnt been in all the episodes and just reappearaed but Im sure he wanted his face time too - he looked like the ty pe.

Quote Originally Posted by ngifto
    Hi Everyone! Whoa, what an ending... the ending sucked! I was so mad! What is with the spikey hair guy that we saw in the begging of the show calling up heather in the end? I didn't get it, so what. Then Rocco singing by a camp fire up in the hamptons, who gives a crap i wanted to see drama in the kitchen...i was really upset that it ended that way, it just made the series look like a piece of sh**, which it wasnt it was a great show, at least it kept me watching every week. Anyways, how did everyone else like the last episode?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    You like the way he was patronizing to the guys who normally work down there by taking over and acting like he was in charge? The way he used it as yet another opportunity to act like a retard and get on camera a bit more? Or the way it was all tweaked to give him an appearance of "redemption" before the end of the show?
    Even though I like to cover a lot of ground in my recaps, I wanted the viewers to draw their own conclusions about Pete's behavior in the dishwashing area. I too, thought that he was behaving inappropriately but I was not surprised at his usual obnoxious manner.

What choice did the other guys have but to put up with his "Prime Minister of Plates routine?" Pete had proven many times over how insensitive a clod he is, and at least he has been consistent throughout all six episodes.

I volunteered to recap the show because I truly believed that the premise of the show was interesting. The outcome certainly was disappointing.
    Last edited by CaliGirl; 08-25-2003 at 07:14 PM.

FORT Regular
    Pete was indeed very obnoxious throughout. "Do you know what the funny thing about terrorist bombings is..." Well Pete, absolutely nothing you butthole. Oh yeah, by the way Rocco, the dishwashers do speak English, but be sure to send Pete down there to remind them of how low on the totem pole they are. Rocco: butthole, Pete: butthole, that jealous blonde bartender: butthole, 10 year old lothario: butthole Laurent: butth...er, I mean dedicated family man. Was anyone surprised that Gideon was left calling after the bus. My wife called that one split seconds before it happened. The best part of the show for me, other than the closing credits, was when Rocco made that pasta dish. It occured to me that what I wanted to see the whole time was talented workers trying to make a new restaurant work in a stressfull situation. Instead it was all of that contrived BS. I guess I can say that it was a show I loved to hate, and I watched almost every episode. The final analysis is: very entertaining.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancerre2001
    Pete was indeed very obnoxious throughout. "Do you know what the funny thing about terrorist bombings is..." Well Pete, absolutely nothing you butthole. Oh yeah, by the way Rocco, the dishwashers do speak English, but be sure to send Pete down there to remind them of how low on the totem pole they are.
    I had a totally different take on the Pete/dishwasher/don't speak English thing. Obviously I have no idea whether or not I'm right, but I'll share anyway. One of the interesting things about the show, IMO, was the combination (which you'd have in most any restaurant) of people who feel like if they show up, they deserve a check, and those who show up to work hard, do a good job, and EARN a living. In my work which is totally unrelated to the restaurant industry, I deal with these frustrations (frustration from those who feel that just waking up before noon to show up is enough) so I kind of enjoyed the way Rocco and Laurent dealt with it. (disclaimer here: I saw a lot they did that I didn't agree iwth, so I'm not saying Rocco is a great manager, just that I related to his dealing with the f-ups).

Pete to me was one of the kings of the "I showed up, isn't that enough?" crowd. He got time off for his comedy show, and complained that he didn't have more time off. It seemed like every time there were people standing around talking, Pete was there. He came across to me as a guy who was hamming it up for the cameras the entire time. Rocco and Laurent had to come up with a way to get through to him. Pair him up with the dishwashers, who don't speak English, and he's GOT to work. In theory, he'd have to, because since the dishwashers don't work, he can't just stand around talking to them. In addition, he wouldn't be getting tips, so they'd get his attention by making him lose money AND showing him how to actually work a full shift instead of chatting through a full shift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast