+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Season?

Second Season?

From the way they announced the last episode, I got the feeling that there may be another season of it. Would you watch? I felt like a total sucker last night for watching a long infomercial for Am-Ex small business loans and Coors light, so I dunno.

I really dislike the product placement in the show, but I would be inclined to watch a second series.

I know a lot of the staff were let go and I would like to see who replaced them and how the restaurant is now operating.
    "That's Numberwang!"

There won't be another season of this show. It makes no sense when they only showed six episodes this season? I didn't know six episodes makes a season. It's really stupid to cut us off after six shows.

I guess it would depend on who the chef and where the restaurant is. I don't think I'd be inclined to watch Rocco again. I'm only watching next week out of a sense of duty, not because I think I'll enjoy it....

-- Joe

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3
    From the way they announced the last episode, I got the feeling that there may be another season of it. Would you watch? I felt like a total sucker last night for watching a long infomercial for Am-Ex small business loans and Coors light, so I dunno.
    i would watch it cuz i luv this new concept of reality. it mite not be totally real but its better than the rest.
    i wonder if rocco and his restaurant will be on the second season

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I really dislike the product placement in the show

It takes a lot of money to open a restaurant. Who do you think pays for it? Also how is it any diffrent from going to your local bar and seeing a Coors neon in the window? Thats also product placement.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicanmecrazy
    It takes a lot of money to open a restaurant. Who do you think pays for it? Also how is it any diffrent from going to your local bar and seeing a Coors neon in the window? Thats also product placement.
    It basically cost 5mil+ to open a restaurant(from construction to intial suplies, to pcs and training)
    In Rocco's case it was a challenge to meet what would take several months to do and get it done in 1/3rd of the time.
    As for who paid for it-AMEX, COORS, MITSUBISHI, NBC

kdh
    a 30+yr restaurant vet

If the shows will be anything like last nights show then I'll watch. It was great having THREE cooks concoct a story just not to go to work. GREAT!

It reminds me when I was a busboy the Palace Court in Las Vegas, and one night another busboy disappeared for more than an hour and no one could find him. It turns out security found him on the 15th floor walking around in a daze. He didn't know his name. The dude was all Sherman'D out. (smoking PCP) This was back in the late '70s.

FORT Regular
    "Also how is it any diffrent from going to your local bar and seeing a Coors neon in the window? Thats also product placement."

coors doesnt pay bob of bob's bar to put that sign in the window. bob puts it in the window to attract people into HIS bar. its completely different. "the restaurant" is so UNreal and part of that is that he is making money from sponsers whereas a "real" restaurant wouldnt.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eve25
    coors doesnt pay bob of bob's bar to put that sign in the window. bob puts it in the window to attract people into HIS bar. its completely different.
    When bob buys a certain amount of coors, coors gives him the neon to put in his window. Specifically to attract attention to coors, instead of molson lets say. Coors and other companys give out neons to attract attention to their beer. It dosen't help the buisness of bob's, if someone comes into drink bob doesn't care which beer that coustomer drinks. Also almost every bar has neons, and i don't go to bars just cause they have neons in the windows.

Also kdharner i knew who helped to finance the making of this restaurant...by the plugs of course. But thank you for the info
    Last edited by jamaicanmecrazy; 08-19-2003 at 01:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast