+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 8/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Roccolover, please check your e-mails, or read one of the many requests throughout this forum to not use "lingo". Thank you.
    john: I did not get any e- mails
    but I will stop using lingo
    Sorry

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana

Thank you for that. I am one of the "lying" cooks from the last episode. Although NBC did not show exactly what happened, and the editing was done in very broad strokes, we all stand by our actions. The fight that night was an unfortunate and traumatizing experience. And a large group from the restaurant was there and witnessed the entire thing. Curiously enough, it was instigated by other cooks from a nearby, seafood restaurant who just happened to know where Rocco's staff would be, as well as the NBC cameras. No one at the restaurant was ever told that Tim was admitted into Lenox Hill or any other hospital here in New York. On $10 per hour, who had health insurance? They were told that we waited in the emergency room to be looked at for a concussion, and then left. And while that did not happen during that timeline, it happened afterwards. We had valid reasons for leaving, and felt that we did so in a respectful manner. When we finally picked up our checks, they were for a fraction of the amount due us, and were cut, also curiously enough, from Jeffrey Chodorow's other restaurant. The insane goings on at that point were part instigated drama from the powers that be, and part gross mismanagement. In any event, we were tired of being manipulated. Add this to the reasons we gave Rocco for leaving, and there it is.
    Diana - any chance the cooks from this other "nearby seafood restaurant" happen to be down the block from Rocco's 22nd street??? just a guess for those of us who know NYC and the restaurants on the block!

FORT Newbie
    Good work Nancy Drew!!! (That was a yes)

FORT Newbie
    Good work Nancy Drew!!! (That was a yes)
    Thought so. . rumors have a way of getting around this small city! For those of us watching, we wonder why that very important fact didn't get played out on TV....that would sure put a whole new spin on things...VERY interesting!!! How did you all feel about it?

I admire your integrity in the way you guys handled everything...I think the editing played to Rocco's favor, but kowing what I know, I have a feeling you guys were so in the right. we all hope the truth will come out once everyone is allowed to speak their minds! So, were the moments the 3 of you were at the bar with Rocco your last day replayed for the cameras, or was it a real time event??? Thanks for your honesty!!
    Last edited by srfcty12; 08-20-2003 at 08:49 PM.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=srfcty12]Thought so.... rumors have a way of getting around this small city! I admire your integrity in the way you guys handled everything...I think the editing played to Rocco's favor, but I have a feeling you guys were so in the right....we all hope the truth will come out once everyone is allowed to speak their minds! So, were the moments the 3 of you were at the bar with Rocco your last day replayed for the cameras, or was it a real time event???
    Thanks for your honesty!![/QUOTE

Thank you for these words. Those moments at the bar were in real time. We each sat with Rocco individually, and all seemed fine. He didn't ask us about any hospital information at all. We offered to stay for two weeks and give notice, but we shook hands said goodbye and prepared to go. Those last minutes at the bar were about 5 mins after we shook hands with him. We were completely bewildered, but thought it best to end the whole thing right there.

FORT Newbie
    I have a feeling if you stayed for 2 more weeks, you wouldn't have gotten paid for it anyway...you are probably better off where you are now! best of luck to you and the other 2 guys... I have a feeling,based on what kind of reviews it's getting in the NY area, that Rocco's won't be around too long.... and maybe that is what Rocco was looking for, he seems to have furthered his career with this, and maybe that is what he was looking for...I hear most of the people there from the start have either quit, or been fired without cause anyway... the place seems like a train wreck

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Clark
    Scripted. It is obvious that the two of them have nothing in common. It was the best way for the chick to get on camera--she hasn't got much and had to think of something to help her acting career.
    I have to politely, respectfully disagree. I think I could feel the chemistry between them. I have been in similar situations, and I must say, it felt quite real to me...Heather seemed really nervous and she was obviously trying to be bold (good for her)...but, you could be right...you're probably right.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kwm99
    I'm sorry, do you really think Rocco's nose is red due to stress???
    That's cute! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Yes, acutally I do!

Shall we ice dance? Melissa Sk8s's Avatar

Although NBC did not show exactly what happened...No one at the restaurant was ever told that Tim was admitted into Lenox Hill or any other hospital here in New York.
    Ok, help me get the right impression, because obviously I got it wrong. What did you tell restaurant management?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Sk8s
    Ok, help me get the right impression, because obviously I got it wrong. What did you tell restaurant management?
    Hello Melissa,
    They were told that we waited in the emergency room to be looked at for a concussion, and then left. That phone call to the hospital that they showed Rocco making was faked for dramatic purposes. All of the hospital tomfoolery was ridiculous and had nothing to do with the actual issues.
    If you remember the scene where they showed the 2 chefs sitting at the table talking about Rocco, one of them (Anthony Bourdain), put it best today when he said,
    " If indeed the joint was not paying their cooks anywhere near on time there can be only one explanation: good "drama". And it's unforgivable. Real people who have to pay real rent to real fucking landlords take it in the twins to make it more exciting for the principals? Shameful if true.
    My hard and fast rule as a line cook--and for line cooks:
    Cooks show up five or six shifts a week on time--and give it their best. In return, the house, ONCE A WEEK (or as agreed) pays the agreed upon amount. ON ****ING TIME. Cooks are not lenders, nor investors--nor stupid enough to operate a business where they can't pay their help. They should get paid--and don't give me any of that wait-until-the-banks-close-on-Friday-so-I get to kite checks for the weekend sh*t either. You're late with my money? Fine. Just know that the next time, I won't complain, I won't ask, I won;t beg--I'll simply take off my apron and leave. And if you are Jeffrey ****ing Chodorow and are drowning in cash and own half the restaurants in the Western world and you're late with my money? You are getting my foot solidly up your ass."-Anthony Bourdain
    Last edited by John; 08-21-2003 at 02:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread