+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 8/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

What did Perry do to get fired? and what is going to be the big twist? I guess I'll have to wait til next week.

FORT addict
    Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    i think next week is the finale. Today's show was pretty lame. So did the new system of serving work? What was the whole point of this episode?
    i dont know. Rocco didnt seem to make any changes. he made everything worse. and what happened to that "Super Rocco" they were promising us three weeks ago?
    <3 Greta

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    They never did really follow up on what Rocco found out by following the waiter...

I think the cooks went about getting time off the wrong way. But Rocco takeing exception at them saying Roccos isn't good enough for them is laughable. Hey Rocco! Your resturant isn't good enough for a serious chef. Or any serious restaurant employee. It is so disorganized it's embaressing. And it's like he doesn't even care. The place is falling apart, moral is down, and he goes home early. He doesn't seem like someone who is concerned with his new restaurant. Or someone elses 4mil.

Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    i think next week is the finale. Today's show was pretty lame. So did the new system of serving work? What was the whole point of this episode?
    I agree. Tonight's show was totally lame.

It wasn't completely lame. Only the parts with Rocco in them were lame. The cooks lying and the romance was pretty entertaining.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    I believe it. He wasn't funny. And NYC is the last place to be joking around about bombs and terrorists.
    The crowd should have stormed the stage and wiped that big-mouthed grin off that creepy idiot Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    It wasn't completely lame. Only the parts with Rocco in them were lame. The cooks lying and the romance was pretty entertaining.
    The romance thing was kind of cute. I hope it works out for them.

The only part I found entertaining about the lying cooks is the fact they were busted on national television. It was a crappy thing to do. I know Rocco sucks as a boss. His head chef seems like a jerk, too. That did not give those three jerks a reason to tell such a whopper.

On Hiatus
    Am I the only one who noticed the irony of the "bar fight" story, which was presented right before a "Drink Responsibly" Coors commercial?

And speaking of...this show wouldn't be so darned bad without all the overt product placements. It's almost as bad as that product placement scene in Wayne's World. ("Little. Yellow. Better.")

And while I have the time, I think I'll speculate. I think the new twist is that Rocco's is actually filmed in the desert in New Mexico somewhere, and all of the staff are "aliens." Restaurant guests go into a restaurant in New York and are teleported to the set. It would explain why the food is always cold.

And oh hey, where was Gideon this week? Did I miss something?

Come to think of it, this is Mark Burnett as producer we're talking about. Who knows what the twist could be.

(This entry brought to you by Pepto Bismol, the drink of those who watch The Restaurant.)
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORT Regular
    That's so awesome that Tony Bourdain was there!! Tony is so cool! And Rocco did seem to care about what his table got.

And he was right on about the 'great food not being enough' theory. Rocco is an entertainer as much as a chef...he's a natural, but I am sure he learned some of it in school.

I wish Rocco would get some rest. He needs to sleep for like three days, poor Rocco. His nose was all red... And I am sure that just because he's not running around with all of the servers and cooks doesn't mean that he's not doing anything to make the restaurant work. Mental stress can be as heavy as physical stress, sometimes heavier.

And I think the poem Heather (I think that was her name) wrote for Perry, it was so cute! And she's got some nerve, you gotta appreciate that. It's not easy for a girl to approach a guy she *really* likes, if it's really sincere, it makes you so much more nervous. ; - ) And they did look really cute together, they probably should wait until after work to kiss, but I guess she was just in the moment and it just happened, and happened, and happened one more time...

+ Reply to Thread