+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Vespa - What babies

FORT Fan

The Vespa - What babies

This goes out to Uzay, Topher and all the other crybabies who whined when they heard Lola (Bartender, if wrong name) got the red Vespa for coming back. While it is awful how Rocco treats his staff, they looked so foolish after hearing of the gift. Uzay came accross as an extremely vindictive person, running around and telling all the other girls about lola's gift. What did he want to accomplish? Have Rocco take the gift back? How about showing class and smiling even if inside you are pissed..Lola did nothing to have all the children talk behind her back.

I agree with the way they felt. Here the person walks off the job and gets rewarded for it. They are all working just as hard as she is. I understand Rocco being able to give bonuses as he sees fit and I don't blame Lola at all for takeing it. BUT she should have kept her mouth shut. Number one rule in any business is never discussing pay and bonuses with coworkers. The reason for the rule is to avoid episodes like that one.

Maybe the producers and Vespa sponser made mentioning it a requirement. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to this show regarding product placement or manufactured drama. :rolleyes

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by genericwife
    Maybe the producers and Vespa sponser made mentioning it a requirement. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to this show regarding product placement or manufactured drama. :rolleyes
    My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this "perk" was never actually turned over to Lola. It probably wasn't Rocco's to give.

Quote Originally Posted by firenze
    My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that this "perk" was never actually turned over to Lola. It probably wasn't Rocco's to give.
    That would explain it, otherwise Lola was a complete idiot to brag about it. I knew people working there would be envious (hell, I was mad about it, and I don't even work there) and demand similar perks and cause a bunch of commotion. Rocco should have made it conditional on the promise that she would not tell anyone about it or else she does not get it.

FORT Fogey
    Lola explains that she did not want to take the Vespa at first but Rocco kept insisting that he wanted her to have it on her as a way of luring her back. I certainly would have accepted it, if I were in her position. Why not?

As far as I'm concerned, that was strictly between them. The others had their own gripes and just used that as an excuse to continue their whining.

But wasn't it Lola who brought up the Vespa in the first place?!

what normal human beings...

Are you literally saying that if you found out a co-worker got a $3,000 bonus just cuz (as a benefit of QUITTING, a surely elevated art on the whining scale) and no one else got anything you would say NOTHING??????? Sorry but I'm not buying at that fantasy store. Maybe you all work in Utopiatown somewhere but in any place I worked I can't imagine that someone wouldn't have walked out immediately ( ala Topher) and the company intra net e-mail would be toxic for weeks. Few things poison the work atmosphere like blatant favoritism and if I had been there I would have to restrain myself from pouring bourbon in the Vespa gas tank- mix this. People take pride in what they do and when they are mistreated they get pissed - welcome to human psychology.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

Not only did she get the Vespa but she also got a promotion. Rocco made her the bar manager.

I'm not saying she was wrong to take the Vespa. I'm saying it was dumb of her to ANNOUNCE it to the other employees!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast