+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Vespa - What babies

If I were slaving away under those conditions, with a rotten boss, and found out another employee got a salaried position and a Vespa, I'd quit too... I hold no disrespect for Topher for doing the same.

I don't think he was trying to get a Vespa of his own, I think it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

FORT Newbie

Drama?

Rocco probably, in the moment of conversation and frustration, went along with Lola's mention of a Vespa. I doubt strongly that she came in with the idea of getting a Vespa out of him. As far as mentioning it to the rest of the staff, she probably didn't think it would go as far as it has. The other side of it is that that's life. I was really amazed to see how many people became like cry babies over the issue. So he didn't offer everyone Vespas. I think one of the main reasons people are having such a hard time is because they anticipated one thing going into this job, especially since cameras are rolling, and many may not have thought that they'd actually have to work, hard.

Cameras tend to make people react differently. I'm sure Rocco is affected by this as well.

Hi!.. i just wanted to put my 2 cents in.
    I think what rocco did was good and bad. I mean Lola is a great bartender and i am sure rocco knows a good bartender when he sees one. So he took all the power he can and desperatly asked Lola to come back by giving her the Vespa. Lola accepted and she deserves it. As for Uzay, i don't know what to say. Uzay's probably a cool guy, but emotions can flare. I mean i would be jealous too if one of my co-workers got a Vespa. But what they have to understand is that if Lola was a crap bartender he would have let her go, but shes not..face it shes good better then alot of people...and Rocco needs her. And when they says "oh well if i quit will rocco give me a vespa?" what i have to say is that why don't you try quitting and if rocco offers you a Vespa then you know your a good waitress/waiter/dishwasher(lol) etc. but if he doesn't then oh well, you just lost your job and a chance for a Vespa. My advice for co-workers is to keep your mouth shut and smile, it wouldn't kill you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123