+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Vespa - What babies

ayatollah of rocknrolla

damage control

Quote Originally Posted by Xantham Gum
    I'm not saying she was wrong to take the Vespa. I'm saying it was dumb of her to ANNOUNCE it to the other employees!
    A little damage control...I hear what you're saying and heard what you said. So here's the lowdown. My intention was not to brag. I was FLOORED and INCREDULOUS at his offer. So, after rolling back into the joint...I see Uzay-who I hung out with most from the show. So, I told him because it's in my nature to be upfront and I was in a state of disbelief. He knew how unhappy I was there. What in God's name would have brought me back??!! So I done told him! In our defense, the producers would sometimes ask people questions off camera to promote certain conversations. So they asked him to spread the word and see what the consensus was. Voila! More drama thrown into an already tense environment! But the kids are all tight. We all know it was a crapshoot.
    Ramblin' and gamblin'...
    MLB
    spill the wine. dig that girl. www.misslolabelle.com

Yeah, you dont go around announcing that kinda stuff at work....heck, even outside of work! I was recently rewarded for hard work, along with a few others, with a bonus. I haven't even mentioned it to the others that also got a bonus, even though I know who they are. You just dont do that. You shouldnt discuss salary or how much you make with co-workers either, because someone is bound to get pissed off after that conversation...whether it be you or the person you talked to. I used to work at McDonalds when I was a teen....I have had these conversations with my best friend(who also worked there). I would have to say that I worked harder, and deserved a higher hourly wage....but of course he didnt see it that way, and got severely upset when he found out I made $.10 more per hour than him.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    I can understand why everyone was upset about the vespa. They had just had a meeting with Rocco and explained how they were feeling about how things were going and how they were being treated by Rocco. Everyone has been working their butts off to make a go of the place with constant complaints and being criticized by clients and management (note Rocco calling Topher a screw up to clients at one of his tables , luckily they stood up for him). After all this talk , Rocco turned around and rewarded someone who quit without telling him with what for Lola was a generous gift , but for everyone else seemed like a slap in the face. I'm sure that I would be pissed off too if I had been putting up with all the crap and working so hard to help make someone else's dream come true and my contribution to it was belittled by the person I was doing it for.
    Absolutely no offence to Lola , she just took what she was given.
    But I do have a question for Lola.... Would you have gone back to work for Rocco if you had not been offered the vespa and the promotion?
    (The show made it seem so , [editing is a bit** I'm sure] I mean if there is more money and less crap to put up with in Brooklyn what was your motivation to give Rocco's another go?).
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

The story of the Vespa isn't over yet! Lola posted this on her site, at the end of this week's update:

"Anyway. More next week...I need to go WALK to the store now and get cigarettes..."

It looks like something may have happened to the Vespa!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Texas
    The story of the Vespa isn't over yet! Lola posted this on her site, at the end of this week's update:

"Anyway. More next week...I need to go WALK to the store now and get cigarettes..."

It looks like something may have happened to the Vespa!
    Finally, some suspense in the plot. Lola knows just when to leave us hanging around waiting for the rest of the story.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mischief4911
    I can understand why everyone was upset about the vespa. They had just had a meeting with Rocco and explained how they were feeling about how things were going and how they were being treated by Rocco. ).
    Probably because it defies logic. I am not sure what business theory supports the notion that you reward people who bail on you, without even telling you to their face, but people who stick with you through thick and thin--you ignore. Granted, I think the VESPA nonsense was scripted (endorsement), and hopefully Toefer or whatever his name is will get an American Express card next, maybe even a Mitsubishi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Clark
    Probably because it defies logic. I am not sure what business theory supports the notion that you reward people who bail on you, without even telling you to their face, but people who stick with you through thick and thin--you ignore. Granted, I think the VESPA nonsense was scripted (endorsement), and hopefully Toefer or whatever his name is will get an American Express card next, maybe even a Mitsubishi.
    Maybe at that particular moment on that particular day, Rocco couldn't stand to have one more person bail on him and he made a sort of silly, ill-thought out decision. Unless I totally misread the context of that particular day, he was told over and over that he had to lighten up, make personal contact with his staff more and that he needed to be energetic about the restaurant to make the staff energetic. So he hears Lola quit, knows what a pain in the butt it will be to find another bartender, doesn't want morale to sink any lower than it already is, and he decides to give her the Vespa in what seemed to me to be a light-hearted gesture, combined with the promotion and switch to salary in order for her to stay.

I didn't have a single issue with it. While Lola might have better chosen to tell someone outside of Rocco's about the Vespa, if she was thinking Uzay would keep it to himself, she should have said so. And no offense to Uzay, but I've never seen gossip travel faster - seemed to me like a deliberate attempt to stir even more stuff up again.

Rocco may be a jerk and stupid, but the attention given to the Vespa incident is ridiculous. No, I wouldn't be pissed if my co-worker who was obviously valued walked and was given a $3K bonus to come back. Life sucks and isn't fair. Big whoop.

She really should have kept that quiet.......where I work,you are fired if you discuss any kind of bonus with another employee.It's bad for morale.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe
    She really should have kept that quiet.......where I work,you are fired if you discuss any kind of bonus with another employee.It's bad for morale.
    Of course, it's against the law for an employer to actually state that, but I do know that most employers frown on it, for good reason.

It should be NONE of their business what Rocco gave to the bartender. It really showed what kind of spoiled rotten these people are. And right after it happened that Topher dude tried to get a vespa too by quitting. Or maybe some off time with Rocco, I don't know but he acted like a kid who didn't get a sucker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast