+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jeffrey Chodorow - opinions

FORT Fan

Jeffrey Chodorow - opinions

He has not been featured as much recently, but the guy strikes me as a pompass ass. Any opinions on him? He seems very stuck up and condescending...I liken him to a younger male version of Leonna Helmsley.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Final5
    He has not been featured as much recently, but the guy strikes me as a pompass ass. Any opinions on him? He seems very stuck up and condescending...I liken him to a younger male version of Leonna Helmsley.
    From the little i got to talk to him he is actually a pretty cool guy. Alothough im sure he is a ballbuster (i would be too if I sank in 4mil)

One doesn't get that filthy rich by not being a pompus ass.. You would be too if you had that kind of money and people were coming to you left and right to invest.. If someone can't stand the heat.. get out of the kitchen

I like the way he works.. Very much expected..

I agree, he's got the cash, so he has the power. I, too, thought he was nuts to insist that the restaurant be opened on time since it was such a rushed construction job and also provided little time getting staff up to speed.

The way this project was scheduled, it had to include film crews that fit the initial time frame, too. If they were contracted, I bet they would have to be paid for doing nothing if the restaurant wasn't open. I also believe that lots of friends -- and friends of friends were promised tables and air time for that first week. So, is the restaurant jammed because of Rocco's reputation or people wanting to be seen on TV?

On the other side of the coin, it sure makes for great TV. If, as people are saying, that the new "in" spots have a short life span. I guess you need to make your money fast to recoup your initial investment. What better way than to have cameras around to film your patrons -- this is New York after all, and it looks like many of the wait staff have show business aspirations, too. So everyone gets some face time at Rocco's.

Now, I don't know how many dinners and drinks have to be served to turn a profit on a 4 million dollar investment, but you can bet Jeffrey Chodorow does, and there must be a method to his madness in pushing the opening -- after all, it is he with the 4 million and he didn't get that kind of capital by making bad decisions.

PS - So what is that gunk dripping from the ceiling?

ohl
    FORT Newbie
    Poor Mr. Chodorow is just a misunderstood former federal inmate. Least we forget his role in the demise of Braniff Airlines and his slight untruths to federal prosecutors. Perhaps the time spent in a federal prison eating cafeteria style is the reason he excels at the art of restaurants and feeding large crowds.

+ Reply to Thread