+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an out of work reality TV actor?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzetth
    So, I've read in a lot of other threads that most of the staff ended up getting fired? So, if I were to (hypothetically...hehe...) go to Roccos, who would I recognize?

Hey I have a question for you "zenial" .....did 4000 people really audition to be hired at this restaurant? And how was the job ad? Because, I would be thinking that the reason that a lot of people didn't quit right away (think Gideon) would be the exposure they would get? BTW- I missed the first episode, so if this was all covered I apologize.

-Lyzetth
    I think the reason that people did not quite right away was money. As bad as the working conditions were the servers there stand to make a lot of bank. And also i think it was actually 3000 people.

thanks zenial.

you're okay in my book....

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzetth
    thanks zenial.

you're okay in my book....

Right on.

What was their reason for firing you and the other servers? Because labor laws require that you have be given a reason for your termination. They can't just fire you beause they feel like it.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by zenial
    If you saw the first episode. I was joking about my pant size. In the thrid episode I was defending the serving style in the server meeting.
    Were you the one also talking about your shirt size??

That was pretty funny!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder
    Were you the one also talking about your shirt size??

That was pretty funny!!
    I think so.

FORT Regular
    I think so.
    The lady was offering you a shirt and you were like, 'I haven't worn that size since I was like, 12' or something. Those weren't your exact words, but it was somethin' like that...

Man, it looked like you were the only one defending the restaurant at the server meeting...

Anyway, I am sorry to hear that you got fired, that sucks!

Well, actually they were pants just like he said, but that is neither here nor there. I don't see why you keep bringing it up. The guy just got fired and you are bagging on his waistline.

Zenial, I went to bat for you last week on this board. I totally agreed with you about your comments. I think this board is divided into people that have waited tables before and people that haven't (at least not for a long period of time). You are always going to get a bunch of waiters sitting around bitching about stuff. Holding a staff meeting is ridiculous. Most of them should have been fired for that alone. If you have a problem than you go talk to the manager. If that doesn't work than you go talk to another manager. If that doesn't work than you go talk to the owner. And you perform these talks BEFORE work when your emotions are not in the way. You don't question the identity of the restaurant, you question how you personally are being treated. These easiest way to put someone on the defensive is to make it look like you are in this mob trying to get them. If all that fails then you choose to do one of two things. Either you deal with it and keep your mouth shut. Or you quit. Trying to change the system just pisses people off and you get fired.

I bet that none of those people that were bitching in the last episode still work there, they are busy complaining somewhere else now. And I have never seen someone with a "fractured" elbow so versatile. Well at least his arm with versatile... watch the clips on his site if you want to judge his acting ability.
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stebo
    Well, actually they were pants just like he said, but that is neither here nor there. I don't see why you keep bringing it up. The guy just got fired and you are bagging on his waistline.

Zenial, I went to bat for you last week on this board. I totally agreed with you about your comments. I think this board is divided into people that have waited tables before and people that haven't (at least not for a long period of time). You are always going to get a bunch of waiters sitting around bitching about stuff. Holding a staff meeting is ridiculous. Most of them should have been fired for that alone. If you have a problem than you go talk to the manager. If that doesn't work than you go talk to another manager. If that doesn't work than you go talk to the owner. And you perform these talks BEFORE work when your emotions are not in the way. You don't question the identity of the restaurant, you question how you personally are being treated. These easiest way to put someone on the defensive is to make it look like you are in this mob trying to get them. If all that fails then you choose to do one of two things. Either you deal with it and keep your mouth shut. Or you quit. Trying to change the system just pisses people off and you get fired.

I bet that none of those people that were bitching in the last episode still work there, they are busy complaining somewhere else now. And I have never seen someone with a "fractured" elbow so versatile. Well at least his arm with versatile... watch the clips on his site if you want to judge his acting ability.
    Well as far as who's still working there I don't think I can say, I might be able to but i'm not sure. As far as Gideon goes he is very funny and quick witted. Also he did mess up phis arm something fierce. And I agree it's not up to us to dictate the character of the restaurant, I don't think thats how the meeting started but that is how it ended up.

So here's the deal. As some of you may know many of the servers including myself were fired after the show was over. Not from lack of ability but for reasons unknown. We are looking for jobs, we all have at least 2 years serving expirence, and we are broke. If you work at or know of a restaurant in manhattan that is currently looking for servers please let us know.

Sorry about the self-whoreing. But everybody has bills.
    I was watching some reruns of the Restaurant last night and saw a familiar face. Since you worked with these folks maybe you can tell me if my hunch is true. Did one of the guys also get a makeover on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy? I believe his name is Alan Corey?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast