+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Would you work for Rocco?

  1. #21
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,424
    ~*~ Maji *~

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Central Coast
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Based on CG's recaps (since I can't see the show at all), my answer to the question: only if the alternative was facing a firing squad.
    Leo, you're the B E S T !!!!

  3. #23
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033
    Thank you CaliGirl, we aim to please.

  4. #24
    Come Along, Pond phat32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Hi, Olivia!
    Posts
    2,312
    Rocco is an extraordinarily crude, obnoxious and despicable human being.

    The fact is, he demonstrates, almost flaunts, an utter disregard for the safety and well-being of his servers and cares nothing about their sense of self-respect or even seems remotely aware that these people need to earn a living (through tips, natch).

    Rocco lacks any ability to communicate his ideas, professional needs or expectations clearly, will not support his employees and fosters no sense of trust or loyalty.

    All in all, he would be a horrible supervisor to work for.

    As for dining in the restaurant, the food doesn't look particularly appealing, the prices are outrageous and I wouldn't suffer the disrespect of paying for the decor and being served on paper.

    Like the patron in the most recent episode, I'd rather eat at Olive Garden.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

  5. #25
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Final5
    to me, Mama is the real ass...she could be a soothing pressense to the harried staff, but instead is more interested in looking like the stereotypical old italian mama. She is as cold as her son. I would not be surprised if after the cameras turn off, she starts cursing like a sailor in a deep brooklyn accent.
    How could you say that!!!!! Have some respect, God, what's wrong w/ you!!!!!!

    MAJORLY OFFENDED!!!! Can you leave Mama out of this? Geez!!!!

    Limbo!!! How *low* can you go?????

    Don't you think that a woman her age is pretty set in her ways??? I know men don't change, and don't you think that goes for a woman as well? Why would she just change for the cameras and then turn into something else when the cameras are gone?

    SCARY!!! But, that's ok, I am having fun! ; - )

  6. #26
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Rocco is an extraordinarily crude, obnoxious and despicable human being.

    The fact is, he demonstrates, almost flaunts, an utter disregard for the safety and well-being of his servers and cares nothing about their sense of self-respect or even seems remotely aware that these people need to earn a living (through tips, natch).

    Rocco lacks any ability to communicate his ideas, professional needs or expectations clearly, will not support his employees and fosters no sense of trust or loyalty.

    All in all, he would be a horrible supervisor to work for.

    As for dining in the restaurant, the food doesn't look particularly appealing, the prices are outrageous and I wouldn't suffer the disrespect of paying for the decor and being served on paper.

    Like the patron in the most recent episode, I'd rather eat at Olive Garden.
    OK...go to Olive Garden and have 'all you can eat breadsticks and salad'!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...sorry...g ot a little carried away...laughing my ass off!!!

    OR...go to Rocco's...be on TV...act like a big shot, know it all...and tell Rocco and his Mama that you'd rather eat at Olive Garden...hhmm...

    As much as Rocco might act for the cameras, don't you think some patrons do the same when the cameras are in their face?

    If you had ever worked at a restaurant, you would know that some customers LOVE to be right. Some customers love to just show the waitstaff and the chef and the manager that they are SO above the experience they just went through.

    And as much as the service might have been truly terrible and the food honestly cold, there is that customer who wants to show that he/she/they are truly dissapointed because they are accustomed to SO MUCH BETTER!!!

  7. #27
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisette
    I have to be honest and say that, to me, Mama comes off as senile! Her son has turned her into some kind of freaky side show to market his restaurant. I don't think she knows what is going on half the time. She's 78 for God's sake! But like I saod, that's just me.
    OMG!!!! So...she's supposed to be in bed, just waiting for her time, or what?? God, that's so messed up! Can't you leave his mother out of it! So what, if you hate him, can you honestly hold it against a mother for standing by her son and being there for him when he needs her???

    Why shouldn't she live and be around people and do something she's probably enjoyed and perfected her entire life, cooking?

    I mean, of course, I am sure she has her limits, but that is not for anyone else to say but her. Just because she's older doesn't make her less of a person or less of a mindful person!

    If you have children or people close to you...I would hate for them to call you senile. Wouldn't you? I am 22 and far from it, but I would hate for people to assume things about me just because of my age. I bet she could teach you a thing or two...that's just wrong, have some respect!

  8. #28
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTresMulder
    OMG!!!! So...she's supposed to be in bed, just waiting for her time, or what?? God, that's so messed up! Can't you leave his mother out of it! So what, if you hate him, can you honestly hold it against a mother for standing by her son and being there for him when he needs her???

    Why shouldn't she live and be around people and do something she's probably enjoyed and perfected her entire life, cooking?

    I mean, of course, I am sure she has her limits, but that is not for anyone else to say but her. Just because she's older doesn't make her less of a person or less of a mindful person!

    If you have children or people close to you...I would hate for them to call you senile. Wouldn't you? I am 22 and far from it, but I would hate for people to assume things about me just because of my age. I bet she could teach you a thing or two...that's just wrong, have some respect!

  9. #29
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Tank you, tank you!

  10. #30
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    141
    i am going to add this on the other thread also but i just wanted to say that i am from philly. we have notoriously amazing restaurants...some of the best on earth.

    le bec fin is usually considered one of the top 5 restaurants in the world and georges perrier is there everyday IN THE KITCHEN. he walks around outside and talks to people, flirts with women, and is very cool. he is also known for being super tough with his employees but STILL very cool to work for. even though he screams at them in the kitchen, they still goof around with him. i was there with my mom and aunt (who somewhat resembles rosie odonnell but thinner and blond) and the waiter went and got georges and told him this was rosies sister. He came out and talked to us and then gave us some free chocolates to take home. The waiter was cracking up, he loved the joke. the point is this guy is so world renowned and yet he is so hands on and involved...most people think TOO involved.

    rocco just seems like a fool. how can he sit there and flirt and goof off while the place practically crumbles around him. that is the opposite of what an owner does. its one thing to delegate authority and responsibility after things start going smoothly but not IMMEDIATELY. no one can convince me that other ownder/chefs do this before working the kinks out, there is no way. maybe he was just trying to be slick in front of the camera, i dont know, but at least take of the freakin chef jacket like he was doing any work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.