+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Would you work for Rocco?

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    In a second.

Seeing how I'm not a whiny, loser with no food service skills at all, I doubt I would have made the initial cut though. Hell, I don't even have a website which seems to be the toolish thing de jour.
    If you don't like it, you have a choice: *Click.* You know what that was? The remote control. Use it.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Alisette
    I have to be honest and say that, to me, Mama comes off as senile! Her son has turned her into some kind of freaky side show to market his restaurant. I don't think she knows what is going on half the time. She's 78 for God's sake! But like I saod, that's just me.
    My reaction to Mama was, "Dear me, Rocco makes his own mother work until past 2:30 in the morning?!"
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fogey

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    If you don't like it, you have a choice: *Click.* You know what that was? The remote control. Use it.
    Ahem, excuse me, but I don't understand what using the remote control has to do with the question on this particular thread.

FORT Regular
    Ok as far as the needing a job/wanting exposer goes, it's 50/50. We all thought hey here's a cool new tv show about waiters I can wait tables which I already do and get some exposure at the same time. But at this point a lot of us need money more than "fame"

Leo
    Premium Member
    Based on CG's recaps (since I can't see the show at all), my answer to the question: only if the alternative was facing a firing squad.
    Last edited by Leo; 08-05-2003 at 02:25 AM.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I would work for Rocco until the cameras went away and I could find another job. I'd love to be on a reality show but wouldn't work my butt off for him after the show was through being taped.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by breathless4975
    I would work for Rocco until the cameras went away and I could find another job. I'd love to be on a reality show but wouldn't work my butt off for him after the show was through being taped.
    Lets be honest any server who still works at roccos stands to make tons of cash.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by zenial
    Lets be honest any server who still works at roccos stands to make tons of cash.
    I would think any server would garner tips on the overall experience at Rocco's by a diner. Rocco is offensive. His sexual remarks and the way he blatantly disregards his staff is frightful. The food comes COLD if it even comes at all. Frankly, I can't see wanting to tip a dime for that. My server could be the sweetest person in the world, but if my food comes after a two hour wait, I won't be tipping. Hell, I wouldn't even be sitting there waiting for it to show.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    If I had to work under the conditions they showed on the last episode I would really avoid Rocco's like the plague. Those servers were complaining about the long hours and cheap tips. The only way I would work there was if I wanted to be shown suffering on camera in the hopes of landing an acting gig.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHoArtist
    I wouldn't work for that jerk or eat at his messed up restaurant.
    I totally agree! By any stretch of the imagination he is a jerk. There is no amount of editing that could make him look any better. He is a poor manager! He has no people skills, he is even insulting to the guests. I would not eat there free, movie contract or any of that. I would love to talk to the staff of his other two resteraunts. I bet they have a story to tell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast