+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “Everything’s cold but the bread” - The Restaurant Recap (8/3)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    Forgot to watch the show last night, but after reading your recap, Caligirl, it's like I haven't missed a thing!

Can't stand Caroline. Topher seems quirky but genuinely nice. Pete and Gideon are a bad pair.
    Great assessment, ladybug!

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks everybody for your great comments on my recap. I truly appreciate it.

This show is badly mismanaged and they show the same people over and over again -- so boring. It's a shame that more of the staff, like the women for instance, are not given any camera time.

I am very disappointed in Mark Burnett. Even Boarding House, North Shore was better than this mess.

FORT Fan
    Cali ....great re-cap. I agree with your last post 100%. What a disappointment it was. It was a mess and after really enjoying the first two...I don't know if I will be back for a fourth.

Rocco is just arrogant beyond words and the whole thing is a mishmash of sound! This last epeisode was like a dog's breakfast.

Fantastic re-cap, CaliGirl! I've been semi-lurking for a while, and I just had to tell you had me laughing quite a few times.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch another show if it doesn't get more exciting than watching everyone from the chef on down to the runners whining non-stop. How about Rocco fulfilling his American gigolo act with one of the customers? Now THAT, I'd watch!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Alisette
    Fantastic re-cap, CaliGirl! I've been semi-lurking for a while, and I just had to tell you had me laughing quite a few times.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch another show if it doesn't get more exciting than watching everyone from the chef on down to the runners whining non-stop. How about Rocco fulfilling his American gigolo act with one of the customers? Now THAT, I'd watch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marysafan
    Cali ....great re-cap. I agree with your last post 100%. What a disappointment it was. It was a mess and after really enjoying the first two...I don't know if I will be back for a fourth.

Rocco is just arrogant beyond words and the whole thing is a mishmash of sound! This last epeisode was like a dog's breakfast.
    Thanks so much and welcome to the FORT, Alisette!

I am in total accord with you two. It wouldn't surprise me if the restaurant's banana boat will be sinking soon, with the inept self-serving help and the inferior management. They are all an awful bunch!

FORT Newbie
    Thanks for the recap CaliGirl. I was behind the bar closing for the night and I missed bits and pieces as I was restocking. When I turned on the show, all the servers that were left came in to watch it. Even some of the kitchen guys would wander in and watch for a few minutes, shake their heads and go back in the back. None of us could believe what a clueless schmuck this guy Rocco is. I mean, I'm usually pretty stupid when it comes to men(especially the cute arrogant ones) so I was surprised at how quickly I went from wanting to tie the guy to the bedpost to wanting to stab him in the head with a fork(sorry, old server issues that need to be addressed). All last night I had nightmares that my restaurant was like the one on t.v. and everybody was in hell. The thing that gets me is, New Yorkers, while being the most high maintenance of customers ever ever ever, are usually very good tippers. So if people are not tipping well at that restaurant, well, that just says a lot about what was going on. And now I have to watch the rest of it in the hope that Rocco sees the error of his ways and begs forgiveness of his crew. And maybe stops groping the guests.

peace,
    Miss bitty

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Great assessment, ladybug!

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks everybody for your great comments on my recap. I truly appreciate it.

This show is badly mismanaged and they show the same people over and over again -- so boring. It's a shame that more of the staff, like the women for instance, are not given any camera time.

I am very disappointed in Mark Burnett. Even Boarding House, North Shore was better than this mess.

Cali,

I actually loved Boarding House..thought it was another unique idea in an otherwise stale Reality world. Since you do the recaps, I am sure you will agree that the Amazing Race is the only consistently brilliant reality show.

I must be in the minority, but I was not nearly as annoyed with Rocco in this episode as I was with other people. I actually found the Topher F*** Up comment funny (I must have a weird sense of humor) and I like Topher. I felt like everyone was over-reacting, but I understand the tension builds when everything doesn't go so well. Rocco's comments while haning out with the girls was the only thing that turned me off a little. I'm surprised Rocco is even in the restaurant as much as he is. Doesn't he have other places that he owns? This is why it doesn't surprise me that his only function seems to be schmoozing. He hires managers to manage (although I would agree they do not seem to be the best). People who open one restaurant as their ONLY source of financial survival tend to have a different attitude about it.

This is the first episode where I really felt like I was watching a bunch of actors (aka drama queens). The whole Gideon sequence was the most annoying part to me. He slipped and fell and nobody really cared, oh well that's life (can you tell I'm a little cynical?). Get over it or look for another job. The show is just a bunch of self-promotion (as evidenced by the multiple postings here about personal sites). There's nothing wrong with self-promotion, but there's also nothing wrong with me being annoyed by it Regardless, I was definitely entertained. That's what it's all about.

By the way, great recap Cali! So funny!
    Last edited by pankaren; 08-05-2003 at 11:51 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Final5
    Cali,

I actually loved Boarding House..thought it was another unique idea in an otherwise stale Reality world. Since you do the recaps, I am sure you will agree that the Amazing Race is the only consistently brilliant reality show.
    May I make a confession? I liked Boarding House also. I just wanted to pit it against this mess as being slightly better. This show had an interesting premise and Burnett could have done so much more with it instead of focusing on the bickering between mostly uninteresting characters.

As far as The Amazing Race - you are preaching to the choir. I don't only speak for myself when I say it IS THE BEST EVER adventure/action/reality show. It would be a dreadful shame if this show were not to continue next season.

Thanks everybody for your posts, I read each and every one of them and appreciate your remarks and comments.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    As far as The Amazing Race - you are preaching to the choir. I don't only speak for myself when I say it IS THE BEST EVER adventure/action/reality show. It would be a dreadful shame if this show were not to continue next season.

FORT Newbie

minor correction, awesome caligirl

Loved your recap Caligirl...just one minor correction...the hostess who was disgruntled with Alex who was schmoozing and singing instead of working the "podium" is named Foye (not Faye)...I happen to know 'cause she is my sister-in-law...tee hee!

You go FOYE!!!

uhn-huh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast