+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “Everything’s cold but the bread” - The Restaurant Recap (8/3)

Last night was the first time I watched this show with full attention. (usually I am multi-tasking while it is on) and I was just appalled by Rocco's behavior. What a moron!

I think this whole venture into reality tv is going to blow up in his face.

Your recap really captured all this and more. Great job!

:mad: Once again, I missed the show. I don't know what it is about Sunday nights, but I just can't seem to catch it.

BUT THANKS TO CALIGIRL !!! I am all caught up. I am actually a slave to CaliGirl's reviews, as I think I have only been able to catch one episode so far. From what I hear, the recaps are better than the shows are anyway!!

CaliGirl, you're the best!!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by zenial
    Wow i'm a little surprised deep dish you knew it was Brian. You must be an insider
    If you call merely watching the show and paying attention being an "insider," sure.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Dish
    If you call merely watching the show and paying attention being an "insider," sure.
    Well I apologize. I did not think my name was mentioned

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago

Caligirl, Thanx for the recap, I jumped on here yesterday as soon as the show was over so I could rant about how HORRIFIC I find Rocco to be, but alas your recap was not up so I had to wait until now. But UGH!! I have absolutely NO respect for Rocco AT ALL after last night's show. I thought his comment about getting aroused and not being able to walk around was disgusting and very untasteful, THEN he blamed everything on Topher and called him a F*** Up to patrons?! I don't think this guy knows how to run a business. I don't know, I just don't like him. Well, I guess that's all I have to say.

The Real Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Becki
    Caligirl, Thanx for the recap, I jumped on here yesterday as soon as the show was over so I could rant about how HORRIFIC I find Rocco to be, but alas your recap was not up so I had to wait until now. But UGH!! I have absolutely NO respect for Rocco AT ALL after last night's show. I thought his comment about getting aroused and not being able to walk around was disgusting and very untasteful, THEN he blamed everything on Topher and called him a F*** Up to patrons?! I don't think this guy knows how to run a business. I don't know, I just don't like him. Well, I guess that's all I have to say.
    And did I actually see Rocco feeling up a girl's thigh and saying it was smooth? Did I missed the context that would legitamize it (I was multi-tasking during this scene)? Although I did hear the "give me your stocking" comment, loud and clear. At first, I figured(hoped) that stocking had some dual meaning in cooking, but no, that is just what he literally meant to say!!!

I have accepted the fact that it is futile to guess the subext of whatever comes out of Rocco's mouth. He really means what he says and is not ashamed of it. I wonder what Rocco did to piss off the editor so much. I mean, nobody can be that pompous in real life...

I just can't get over what he called Topher in front of his guests! My jaw dropped. It was ridiculous. You should never call anyone a f*** up, let alone in front of guests, and further more in front of a camera! I can't believe it . Okay, I'm done ranting, for now, until Rocco goes off and says/does something even more stupid. Which will probably be in 2 seconds.

I have only seen the last 2 episodes, I missed the pilot, but thanks for your recaps. They are EXCELLENT!!!!

-Lyzetth

Is there anyone that actually likes Rocco?

FORT Newbie
    Hello all. Well, that was an interesting episode. I promised I wouldnt go on any more message boards but I really wanted to know what you all thought of the show thus far. Some of my thoughts are on my website @ www.gideonhorowitz.com . Some of the staff watched the show together in the city last night...we were a bit surprised at some things that we saw.

FORT Regular
    Forgot to watch the show last night, but after reading your recap, Caligirl, it's like I haven't missed a thing!

Can't stand Caroline. Topher seems quirky but genuinely nice. Pete and Gideon are a bad pair. The authority figures (Rocco, Laurent, etc) need to learn how to treat their staff better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast