+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linda Stasi article from the New York Post ... anyone have it?

FORT Regular

Linda Stasi article from the New York Post ... anyone have it?

She's the NY Post food critic that was showcased in tonight's episode. Here's what they have for free from the NY Post website:

---
    WHINE AND DINE - REALITY TV BITES AT A TABLE FOR 3 (PLUS A CAMERA)
    LINDA STASI. New York Post. New York, N.Y.: Jun 6, 2003. pg. 149

Let me explain. NBC is filming a reality show called "The Restaurant" in, yes, a Manhattan restaurant - or more precisely, a flashy celeb joint opened by handsome, celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito a few days ago and called, appropriately enough, Rocco's. The show, which starts airing next month, will be a kind of real- life "Upstairs/Downstairs."

Zarela, my friend, a celebrity chef herself and owner ...
    ---

I'm very interested in finding out what she has to say. I like the show, but I can't stand Rocco. I was a waiter for 9 years and never saw an owner with less know-how then Rocco. He may be a genius in the kicthen, but from what I can tell, he is lacking in business sense and ediquette.

After causing Linda to snag her panty hose by squeezing in the small booth and pushing her to the far end, he jokes about it and says he'll gladly pay for them as long as she gives him the pair she's wearing. Then he jokes about how he was joking about a female guest's fake boobs the night before. Why on earth would you joke with a food critic about such matters.

You would also think that he would actually prepare their meal instead of leaving it to his staff. Instead, he's giving his rocks off with some female guests.

He'll have no one to blame but himself when Rocco's goes under.

FORT addict
    god i just wanted to smack him. he told her the correct way to pronounce her name twice and he still couldnt get it right.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by uselessdevotion
    god i just wanted to smack him. he told her the correct way to pronounce her name twice and he still couldnt get it right.
    i too wanted to slap him. that alone would the critic off

Rocco demonstrated that he is completely uncouth. That comment to the critic about getting her old pantyhose was simply sick and if she has any class at all, she was offended.

Wasn't the pantyhose comment a form of sexual harrasment? If I was her I would have ripped him a new one in my review.

Mak
    FORT Newbie

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    She was remarkably nice in that review, considering what she went through to get cold food.

FORT Regular
    Mak - thanks for the link to the article. And yes, she was a lot nicer than she should've been considering what we saw.

Huh????

I am amazed that she didn't rip him a new hole! You know that Rocco's head has just swelled even more (God help us all) . Nice tease for next week's show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnyoil
    I am amazed that she didn't rip him a new hole! You know that Rocco's head has just swelled even more (God help us all) . Nice tease for next week's show.
    I was extremely amazed at how good the review was. I guess it can all be attributed to the editing that we saw. We were lead to believe that Stasi's experience was absolutely horrible. But I guess she didn't think it was that bad. This show is all about editing and product plugs. I find it funny though, I thought that they would try to make Rocco look as cool and as suave and debonair as possible but instead they are showing him to be a typical male that thinks with his little head. I wonder if this is really how he is or just what the producers want us to think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast