+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you been to Rocco's?

Have you been to Rocco's?

I thought it would be interesting to hear from people who have already dined at Rocco's as paying customers. Or for those who have plans to go, you could post your experience here afterwards.

Let us know how the food is, the staff really are and if it's worth the $$, etc.

(Based on reviews, I maybe persuaded/dissuaded to try it out.)
    Last edited by marvine; 07-29-2003 at 02:59 AM.

FORT Not-So Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by marvine
    I thought it would be interesting to hear from people who have already dined at Rocco's as paying customers. Or for those who have plans to go, you could post your experience here afterwards.

Let us know how the food is, the staff really are and if it's worth the $$, etc.

(Based on reviews, I maybe persuaded/dissuaded to try it out.)
    I have been there, and I would overwhelmingly endorse going. I was there in late June after the cameras had left, and before the tv debut. The staff had a chance to get familiar with the space, and the menu.
    First of all, we were welcomed warmly. We were seated immediately, and the service was prompt and gracious. Our waitress was Coleen(?), and we also met Lonn.
    We ordered a variety of apps,including Mama's famous meatballs, and each one was delicious. For our entrees we had the Salmon (out of this world), the Parmigana with all the fillings (delicious), the walnut pesto (good), and the oriechette with sausage and broccoli rabe (the BEST italian sausage I've ever had).
    The desserts were all great, but I really loved the zeppole-served very authentically in a brown paper bag, steaming hot and coated in sugar!!!

This is a fine dining establishment without the fancy attitude, just great food, cool decor, and a fun friendly enviornment. This is the kind of place you want to go back to again, and again, 'cos it feels like home.
    The prices are quite reasonable (for NYC). I am not in the restaurant business, but I eat out frequently, and know great food when I taste it.
    If you can get a reservation, do go.

FORT Newbie

I too have eaten at Rocco's

Once when the cameras were in house, and once without, I'll be returning this Thursday with another group of friends to show them my new 'find'..... I haven't been disappointed at all with anything I've ordered. (between the 2x's i've been there, and the large groups I've been with, we've tasted almost everything)

It was kinda hectic when the camera's were there, but not in a bad way (very loud, and bright, lots going on....I felt like I was at a party where I was the only guest who didn't know everyone, but aside from that, I loved it!)

I returned about 2 weeks ago with 8 family members and everyone was overwhelmed with how good the food was, and what an incredible value you got for your $$$ here in NYC....

I highly reccomend this place to everyone I talk to, and will return many times over...The wait staff is amazing, the food is fantastic, and the place has a great atmosphere.... not too stuffy, like some NY places....

FORT Newbie

Pleasantly Surprised

I was there about a month ago with my boyfriend (who's last name is Rocco, lol) and to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I thought it would be another one of those "theme" restaurants where you go just to say you went. Because of my honey's name, I couldn't care less.

Elvis was there (drinking, of course) and the bouncer dude (big mafia looking guy) was a little scary. It was VERY entertaining, lol...

Mama and Rocco were walking around, greeting and chatting with customers.

I wasn't expecting ANYTHING from the food, but that's where I was surprised. We had the baked clams, mama's meatballs and both were good. I thought the clams were small - they're not your typical clams - ground and/or mixed in with bread - but just a little bread crumbs and spices (garlic) sprinkled on top. They were tasty!

My date had the steak and i had the penne vodka - both tasty and a portion sized for each of us.

You expect larger portions, then realize you really didn't need it. The service was good, price was good (for the two of us, drinking beer, wine and dessert, the tab came out to $80 - and we are not light drinkers!).

I hope I don't get you over expectant of the restaurant and then you're disappointed, but I would definitely recommend it...

have a great time!
    christine

FORT Newbie
    Wow now i cant wait to go!! I'm trying to get my family to go with me...hopefully we'll see rocco and mama walking around!

I hate this thread...BECAUSE IT'S MAKING ME HUNGRY!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Not-So Newbie

have you been?????

The *bleep* has hit the fan at Rocco's. I feel obligated to update my previously positive review. Friends who were there this week had a very bad experiance, and called my opinion into question.
    Maybe the owners weren't prepared for the customers that came in as a result of the show, but the space was hot, service was lax, and the food was not as I remember it being. I feel bad that I recomended this venue. Maybe Adam Platt at NYMagazine was right!!!!!

FORT Newbie
    I heard from friends that they are firing people left and right. Rocco is never there, and he's blaming the staff for his bad portrayal. I give the place 2 months. TOPS!

If he fires employees based on what happens on the show he will be closed within a matter of months if not weeks because of all the wrongful termination lawsuits he will be hit with.

Spring & Fall: Preferred
    This whole thread just seems like promotional letters for the restaurant. I am not convinced the restaurant is good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast