+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laurent - Manager

Laurent - Manager

Does this guy know how to smile?

He really comes across as being most unpleasant imo.

The previews show that Gideon obviously hurt his elbow following his fall and Laurent seemed like he couldn't care less.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-28-2003 at 01:29 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Not-So Newbie
    Check out Uzay's version of what really happened. Remember that what happens in the editing room is out of the hands of the participants. Unprofessional behavior makes for compelling TV, but a serious worker trying to create a good customer experiance comes off as cold.

Where is Uzay's version?

I'm well aware of editing, particularly in Burnett productions.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-28-2003 at 01:30 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The Real Thing

what really happend.

www.uzaytumer.com

Laurent is a very good and caring person to work for. Check out my site for more info about what conditions we were under.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Where is Uzay's version?

I'm well aware of editing, particularly in Burnett productions.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    This guy does his job very well. And by that I mean he is the guy that the employees hate. Rocco needs loyalty, and if the employees hate him (Rocco) that will be hard to get. So, he has someone for the employees to hate (Laurent).

And let's be honest. If Laurent didn't tell someone to clean the bathrooms, do you think the bathrooms would ever be clean? He performs a necessary function and performs it well. And I say all this knowing full well that I would hate his guts if I worked for him.

Laurent seems to be doing a bad job of making his employees feel valued, though, so far. No breaks, etc.

It's the little things that make a big difference in an employee's perception of their job. You can do the big things all day long, but miss one of the little things, and they'll never forget it.

I agree John, there is nothing worse for morale than being made to feel under-valued.

Clearly as the manager he is under tremendous pressure, I think pretty much everyone else appeared to be to though.

It's good to know he's not entirely as he seems.
    Hopefully things will calm down once the early manic period cools off and the viewers will get to see a different side of him.

Thanks for the link btw Uzay
    "That's Numberwang!"

Actually, I do have to say about laurent that he seems (from what I've seen of him on this show), that he would be a good person to work for, as long as you yourself are a good employee.

I mean no offense to those who haven't been seen to get along with him so far, but he seems very businesslike in his approach and if the staff under him are the same he wold probably get along ok with them.

Just my impression.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just an observation but I would never tell someone who will be bringing out food to customers, to clean toilets. There were enough health and labor violations the first two nights to close the place down.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff

Does this guy know how to smile?

He really comes across as being most unpleasant imo.

The previews show that Gideon obviously hurt his elbow following his fall and Laurent seemed like he couldn't care less.
    Yeah he doesn't smile. And why doesn't Rocco get on his butt about it.
    If the staff hates the manager I don't think that's good; is it? Do you want a manager that everyone hates? I think his days are numbered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast