+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laurent - Manager

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1083
    this is from Gideon's website - the joys of editing part 26 I guess but boy he, Rocco and ALL the restaraunt staff got raked over the coals yesterday

"I really want to defend Lerant here. I know the show is making him out to seem like a complete asshole, but you have to trust me, he is the nicest guy they have working there. Yes, I was pissed at him but the next day it was all cleared up. He admitted he made a mistake and life went on. Lerant is a great manager."

Apparently Gideon still works there also :chef
    Well I guess I was right. But no Gideon does not work there anymore

FORT Regular
    my family has been in the restaurant business for 25 years and no, you dont have to be a jerk to be respected. it actually takes the employees focus off of their jobs and onto the manager/owner (who they will bitch and complain about). however, if the person in charge does their job, is respectful of you and your position, then you just do your job too.

FORT Newbie
    Hold on...Im still laughing. The jewish comment...Although kind in it's prpose...so far off. Learant did not have anything against me because i was Jewish...that would have made for a great story-line though. Guys read my website...I actually just went to Roccos the other night and laughed with him about all the hate e-mails he's getting...i told him it's my retaliation for him making me clean toilets. He is a very nice, respectable, professional man...Rocco on the other hand....well...just read my comments
    www.gideonhorowitz.com

FORT Fan
    I was only suggesting the anti-semitism since the french have always hated jews. It was just strange that he would single you out for particularly brutal treatment. Mama was also vicious to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gideon
    Hold on...Im still laughing. The jewish comment...Although kind in it's prpose...so far off. Learant did not have anything against me because i was Jewish...that would have made for a great story-line though. Guys read my website...I actually just went to Roccos the other night and laughed with him about all the hate e-mails he's getting...i told him it's my retaliation for him making me clean toilets. He is a very nice, respectable, professional man...Rocco on the other hand....well...just read my comments
    www.gideonhorowitz.com

hey Gideon when they tell you to break a leg (or elbow) before the production they reallyyyyy aren't being serious.

That basically sucks for Laurent that he is so well respected and got purely negative editing - ah well its probably cuz he's French.

l hope you win the Lottery soon (hey you never know) and open a truly great Jewish restaraunt. Stay sane.

PS someone could have given me a courtesy laugh for the title of my last post, that took a lot of caffeine aided inspiration

everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

FORT Regular

French guy=Good guy

I saw in one of the articles that someone had mentioned that Laurant was an ass this is simply NOT TRUE. Ask ANY of the staff members who post here including Gideon, they will tell you . Although he has not recieved the kindest editing he is both a great person and a great manager. I don't think any of the staff would despute that. They might be making him out to be a bad guy to show his softer side later who knows. I would stick up for the guy any day of the week, and he fired me.

I thought this deserved it's own thread.

Seems as though Laurent is getting classic Mark Burnett editing then.
    I fully admit I'm Burnett's puppet.
    I hate who he wants me to hate and kove who he wants me to love and change my mind on his whim.

Hopefully the viewers will get to see another side of Laurent before the show is over.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I couldn't believe Rocco's comment to Laurent when he wanted to quit: "Is that what the French do? Screw up and then leave?"

What a thinly veiled insult.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    I agree with you wendi. I'm starting to feel bad for Laurent! I mean, he obviously feels bad about the way things are going and so he wants to leave and then is coerced in to coming back. I mean, maybe instead of threatening him, maybe Rocco could have encouraged him, especially if he really is as great as Gideon and Brian say he is (and I have no reason to doubt them).

It sounds like Rocco and Laurent have some history together, and have been "looking for a project" together for a while. But Laurent's right, a lot of what's going bad is either directly or indirectly Laurent's responsibility. I don't think he should quit, but I think this should be a wake-up call for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast